25

"Yoongi?" Jungkook's mouth fell open. Did Jin set him up with Yoongi?!

"Hey, sorry to drop by unexpected like this. I really want to talk to you." Yoongi fumbled with the key to his car, his voice rough.

Oh. He didn't seem to be aware of the date. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

"Um, okay sure. Come in." Jungkook stepped aside, Yoongi entering his house.

Jungkook shut the door and locked it. Yoongi paced around for a few moments before he stopped, staring at Jungkook. Jungkook shrunk back, a bit scared.

"Look, I'm sorry that I've been avoiding you. It's just- I've been having some issues...with myself lately. I didn't really know how to handle it, I didn't want to bring you into it. It's not that I didn't enjoy hanging with you, I did. I just didn't want you to have to be around me when I was like that- like my old self. It would put you in danger." Yoongi shook his head, his gaze no longer on Jungkook, but instead out the window.

"I...I'm sorry that happened to you." Jungkook replied gently, his voice sincere.

"No." Yoongi shook his head again. "You have nothing to apologize for, I was a fucking asshole to you. You have every right to not forgive me, but I just had to apologize."

"I see." Jungkook nodded slowly, looking at Yoongi.

"I don't really know what took me so long. I guess I was just scared, but that's no excuse. It was a stupid choice and I regret it a lot." Yoongi sighed, shaking his head and looking down at the floor.

It was true, he could've apologized a lot earlier. He hadn't gotten into any other fights apart from the gas station. The reason he stayed away from Jungkook was because he wanted him to be safe. But there was nothing that he would have to be safe from. There were no more fights. No more people looking for him.

"I really wanted to make sure nobody could come after you. You know, to get back at me." Yoongi muttered, running his fingers through his disheveled hair.

"Who would want to get back at you?" Jungkook's voice was soft and sweet, not wanting to completely pry if Yoongi didn't want to tell him.

"Well, I told you guys I lived on the streets for almost my whole life. Lots of fighting and disagreements with other people, dangerous people. They hold a grudge. If they saw me with you, they'd know we're close and would do something to you so they could get a reaction out of me. They're just stirring up old shit that they should've gotten over years ago." Yoongi rolled his eyes, his voice calm and steady as he explained.

"So they just follow you because you made them mad when you were homeless?" Jungkook quirked a brow.

"Jealousy is a big part of it too. I'm a successful person with money from hard work. They want that, yet they won't put in the effort. It's complicated and stupid. But the point is, it's taken care of. No one is after me anymore. I made sure of it." Yoongi replied, looking Jungkook right in the eyes as he spoke.

"So, what now?" Jungkook bit his lip, looking away.

"Well, I was hoping we could maybe become friends. Again." Yoongi mumbled quietly, looking at Jungkook but quickly averting his gaze when they made eye contact.

"I'd really like that." Jungkook smiled genuinely. Yoongi let out a sigh of relief and smiled back, a real, warm and happy smile.

Jungkook walked over and pulled Yoongi into a hug, pressing his cheek against Yoongi's seemingly more defined chest. He sighed contentedly when he felt Yoongi's arms around him. They pulled away and stood in silence.

"I-I'm really sorry you had to live like that. And deal with people like that, it must've been scary." Jungkook spoke, consoling him by placing a hand on his arm, which he noticed was also more muscular.

"Sometimes it is. But I've learned to deal with it. I'm just glad it's over." Yoongi shrugged his shoulders slightly.

"I'm glad too." Jungkook smiled, his bunny teeth on display.

"You look nice, are you going somewhere?" Yoongi quirked a brow, just now noticing that Jungkook was dressed up.

"Uh, well-'

Suddenly, Jungkook's phone rang, interrupting him. He sighed out of relief. He answered it quickly, not because bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hello?" Jungkook spoke.

"Hey, I'm sorry but I have to cancel our date. My dad's in the hospital. Hopefully we can go out some other time."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I hope he gets better." Jungkook replied.

"Thank you. I'll tell Jin. Sorry for it being so last minute, I just got the call. Anyway, I have to go. I'll talk to you later."

"That's fine, don't worry about it. I'll talk to you later too, I guess." Jungkook murmured before hanging up.

"Is everything okay?" Yoongi raised his brows.

"Yeah. A person I was going to meet with had to cancel, is all." Jungkook answered, purposely leaving out the fact that they were going to go on a date.

"As in a date?" Yoongi hummed, an amused look on his face.

"Jin set me up, it wasn't something I really wanted." Jungkook nodded, his gaze not focused on Yoongi.

"So what do you want?" Yoongi raised a brow, folding his arms over his broad chest.

The question took Jungkook by surprise. His face flushed and he looked down at his feet. What did he want?

Yoongi just suddenly reappeared in his life, making everything a lot more confusing for him. He hurt him, but he said it wouldn't happen again. But could he trust him?

He could try things out with Yoongi, which could be taking a risk. Or, he could move on and just be friends with Yoongi and look for someone else. Also could be taking a risk.

He bit his lip as he continued to think. His mind and his heart having a war with each other to choose what he wanted to say. The room was silent as he debated on his answer. Yoongi didn't seem to mind, knowing it was a serious question and required some time to think about.

"You don't have to answer." Yoongi mumbled, not wanting to mess with the boy's head more than he already had.

"I..." Jungkook trailed off, taking a deep breath.

He slowly looked up from the floor and into Yoongi's eyes.

"I want you."

O o f