20

"Hey Ma." Yoongi kissed his mom on the cheek, hugging her gently.

"Just what in the fuck is wrong with you?" She snorted, hugging him back.

"What?" Yoongi pulled back, seeming surprised.

His mom eyed him for a moment.

"You met someone, didn't you?"

"W-What?" Yoongi's eyes widened, his cheeks turning light pink. How the hell did she know that?!

"Hey, you may be adopted, but I know you well. What's his name?" Mrs. Min smiled, patting the small of Yoongi's back lightly.

A/n: Yoongi changed his last name to Min when he was adopted

"Jungkook." Yoongi smiled sheepishly, looking away.

"I fucking knew it. Is he your boyfriend?" Mrs. Min smirked, proud of herself for being a genius.

"No, no. We met last week." Yoongi shook his head quickly, sitting down on the couch. His mom sat next to him.

"But you like him?" Mrs. Min quirked a brow.

"Yeah, definitely. His friends are really cool too." Yoongi nodded.

"Wow, so you have new friends?" She probed, getting a small nod in reply. "I'm so happy for you, Yoongi." Yoongi heard his mom sniffle, he quickly looked up at her.

"Mom, don't cry." Yoongi murmured, holding her hands in his own.

"I know, I'm just thinking about...you know." Mrs. Min took a deep breath and blinked away her tears.

"Yeah, I know." Yoongi mumbled.

"HONEY, I'M HOME!"

"What the fuck?" Mrs. Min scoffed, staring at her husband, unamused. "You've been home all day, dumb ass."

"Yoongi? How come you're here, kid?" Mr. Min plopped down in his chair, raising a brow.

"He met someone." Mrs. Min snickered.

"Mom!" Yoongi complained, his cheeks on fire.

"Spill the fucking tea." His dad leaned forward, suddenly interested. Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"His name's Jungkook. We only met last week and no, we aren't boyfriends." Yoongi quickly explained.

"Yet." Mr. Min chuckled, winking when Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"And he made some new friends." Mrs. Min added, smiling along with her husband.

"That's really great, Yoongi." Mr. Min stated genuinely.

"Yeah, that was years ago. I think it's time I just...get past it, I guess." Yoongi sighed staring down at his lap.

"I'm glad you are. This won't be the same as that. Keep your chin up, love. You'll be alright." Mrs. Min smiled, his father nodding in agreement. Yoongi looked up at them.

"I know it won't be the same. I'm sure of it."

~~~~

Yoongi decided to stay over for dinner, but he soon had to leave. He groaned when he saw he was nearly out of gas again. He was in a shitty area, but by the time he got to another gas station he would probably have already run out.

What could possibly go wrong?

Short chapter, I had to write this from scratch since I deleted a few chapters.