Part 11: Reunited

3rd Person:

The two boys cleaned in silence. Neither one of them dared to look at each other for the fear of making eye contact. After about 10 minutes of pure silence Lance had enough.

"This is so boring." He said trying to start up a conversation.

Keith didn't reply.

"I can't wait to go home and eat some of my moms cooking." He attempted a second time.

Keith was still quietly scrubbing the red paint off the floor.

Lance set his sponge on the counter and walked over to Keith.

"Okay, what's up with you? I've been trying to talk with you but you keep ignoring me." He asked.

Keith gave up. He sat his sponge on the ground and stood up. He looked right into Lance's eyes and just stared. Lance became uncomfortable and leaned back.

"Uh... Keith? What are you doing?" Lance asked.

"Your eyes." Keith finally spoke.

"What about my eyes? Is there something wrong?"

"They remind me of someone. Someone I knew a long time ago."

"Okay... but why my eyes?"

"I don't know. I feel as if I have known you for a long time." Keith broke the awkward eye contact and sat on a table. "Every time I look into your eyes they remind me of a friend I had when I was little. He had these eyes just like yours. They were the brightest blue color that sparkled like the ocean. We used to go to this tree on a hill and sit under it and look at the sky." Keith kept his head up looking at the sky.

That's when it hit Lance like a brick wall. Lance had the same memories but with a boy with hair darker than the night sky. They used to sit under a tree and look up at the stars at night.

"Wait a minute...did you have to leave your friend when you were little?" Lance asked.

"Uh... yah I did. After my parents died I left for Texas and started doing foster care. Why?"

"Oh my gosh" Lance sat down on the floor trying to process all of it. Suddenly, he remembered it all.

Lance scrambled to his feet and placed his hands on Keith's shoulders.

"Is that you Keith?" Lance looked into Keith's dark purple eyes.

"Lance? As in the kid that would chug giant Pixi Sticks and always beat me to that tree?" Keith remembered.

"All those sleepovers and milk chugging competitions. All the Lego towers and light saber fights." Lance started to tear up.

"All those memories that we shared. And I left." Keith looked down remembering that he left.

"It's not your fault. You didn't mean to leave."

"Well, it looks like we kept our promise huh?" Lance said tears streaming down his face in joy.

"Yah it looks like we did." Keith laughed while crying as well.

Lance pulled Keith into a hug. Keith immediately hugged back. Lance never wanted to let go. Not ever again.

"I think we need to finish cleaning up Lance." Keith laughed.

"Oh yah sorry." Lance let go and grabbed his sponge.

The two boys spent the rest of the time cleaning and chatting about what has happened over the years while also recalling memories of the past.

"Remember that time you fell out the window?" Keith laughed.

"Yah, and I broke my leg? That was a blast." Lance smiled.

The two boys were finally happy to find there best friend again. But there friendship was starting to blossom into something more.

===

"Hey Lance, will you promise me something?"

"Ya, what?"

"Promise that you will never forget me after I leave for Texas. And that we will always be together."

"Okay, I promise"

===

Hey guys! Sorry I forgot again on Friday but as I said in my previous message I am permanently moving my deadline to Tuesdays.

I honestly cried during this chapter. I have been waiting to write this one for a long time and I am so happy on how it turned out.

I love you all and I will see you on Tuesday!

                         <3 Prezident_Taquito