Chapter 22: The Picnic

((HEY IM NOT DEAD SO SORRY I HAD REDICULOUS WRITERS BLOCK AND MY EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL STATE WAS TRASH SO HERE IT IS! I'm skipping the rest of the zones cuz that's what started my block so imma skip to after they finished sorry. ALSO PLAY THE SONG WHILE YOU READ CUZ IT FITS THE SETTING!💙💙))

Keith's POV:

Since we were such great customers, The Garrison let us keep the gems. Allura immediately grabbed the stones and shoved them into her bag.

"You'll see them soon don't worry" was all she said before getting into her Uber.

I drove home on my bike and slumped onto the couch without taking my boots off. My hand found the remote and I turned on Stranger Things.

After the second episode my eyes drifted off into a sleep from exhaustion.

"sO TELL ME WHATCHA WANT WHAT YA REALLY REALLY WANT! ILL TELL YA WHAT I WANT WHAT I REALLY RE-" I slapped my hand on the accept button already knowing who was calling.

"I really need to change your ringtone after you changed it." I groaned into the mic.

"Aww I thought you would like it. Anyway, Allura is telling us all to meet at the park in 10 minutes for a surprise so you better be there or else imma come and get you." Lance called through the phone before hanging up.

I got up and went back to my bike, not needing to get my shoes on because I forgot to take them off when I entered my house earlier. I drove to the park as the sun was setting and I saw 5 silhouettes at a picnic table under a cherry tree.

One of the taller figures, probably Lance, waved frantically until I reached the group at the table.

"Okay now that we are all here I got a little surprise. Of course I have access to the best jewelers in town and they quickly made these for us!" She reached into her bag and pulled out 6 boxes.

After placing the pink one by her bag she handed Shiro a slightly larger black box that was the size of both his hands put together. She gave Lance a blue box, Hunk a yellow, Pidges' was green, and finally handed me a red box tied with black ribbon.

"You all have to open them at the same time," she smiled, "on three okay? One. Two. Three!"

We all opened our boxes. I untied thre black ribbon and the box opened like a ring case. Inside was a black leather wrist band with red jewels engraved in a line across he middle. I placed it on my right wrist.

I looked around to see that Pidge received a light beige coloured band that was braided and had bright green gems encircling the middle in a line. She had put hers on her left wrist.

Lances was a brown leather band that had deep blue gemstones in different pockets of the leather. He put his as an anklet on his right leg.

Hunks was a black chain with yellow sparkles making it glitter that he placed on his left anklet. Shiros was a steel black chain necklace that had a giant purple stone as the trinket surrounded with the black steel.

"Allura they look amazing," I gaped as I admired the band.

"Thank you! Now we all have friendship bracelets," she smiled as I saw her earrings. They were silver with pink gems. "I used the gems The Garrison gave us and turned them into the jewelry you see here. Since we didn't pick up a pink hair I just used a pastel pink sapphire."

"Thank you so much Allura," Lance squeezed her into a hug. He pulled her back and stopped as he saw something in the distance. "Hey Keith, can you come with me for a sec?"

"Uh sure," I followed him as he walked towards a hill with a giant tree on top. We walked to the top of the hill and we sat under the tree looking at the sunset.

"I remember this tree," he began as his head turned to me. "We sat under this tree and made a promise to always be best friends, remember?"

"Ya, I do," I smiled and looked at him and returned the smile.

"Well how about we remake that promise, since the last one was broken?"

"That sounds like a great idea," Lance held out a pinky finger.

"Okay, I Lance Charles McClain, promise to be friends with Keith- wait what's your middle name again?"

"It's Gerald" I said shyly."

"Ok then, I Lance Charles McClain, promise to be best friends with Keith Gerald Kogane for the rest of my life." He gave me a soft smile.

"And I, Keith Gerald Kogane, promise to be best friends with Lance Charles McClain for the rest of my life." I linked my pinky finger with his and we shook hands.

"For forever," I said.

"For forever," he repeated.

The End

~~
HEY YALL I AINT DEAD!!! I didn't want to discontinue this book because of all the readers and I am actually going to change the title of this book slightly to add on the fact that it is NOT a romance book but a way of me showing that they can just be friends. It's also my way of dealing with the fact that my ship sailed then kinda sank like the titanic (Jack and Rose could've both fit on that door btw) so I'm changing the title as to not click bait anyone. Sorry if I did but I didn't want them to actually have any romantic feelings between them.

I love all of you so much thank you for reading my book and I hope you all have a wonderful life! See you all next time😊

💙Always and Forever💙
     Prezident_Taquito

💙Always and Forever💙     Prezident_Taquito

So Heres to Us

🎉 You've finished reading Somebody That I Used To Know (KLANCE BROTP AND VOLTRON SQUAD HIGHSCHOOL AU) 🎉