Chapter 5 Company After Midnight

Wide awake I laid in my bed, windows open to get some fresh air and cool my mind. The only thing I heard was my breath, my thoughts and the cars driving outside my house. Sweating I threw away the blanket that covered me. My thoughts floating around Jooheon. Why did people talk about him like that? Could the so called rumors be true after all? I started reliving all the moments we had together, even if there weren't so many, they were still precious to me. Then it hit me, I thought about the car. He did steal the car to drive me home and god only knows what he did with it. I looked outside the window seeing the city glistening in lights. Silence, so quiet until I couldn't take it anymore. I jumped off my bed and threw on my shoes and a cardigan. On my tiptoes I went down the staris, past the living room and kitchen, out the front door. A cold breeze made me shiver as soon as I stepped outside. I slowly started to walk down the lonely lane. Family houses on both sides of the street. All the windows dark, showing how everyone was already asleep. I wrapped my arms around myself to protect me from the cold air.
I walked so long until I came across a big park which was usually filled with kids playing, parents chasing them around, couples flirting but now at night, it was nothing but dark and empty. A few teenagers probably somewhere drinking cause they were to cool for school anyway. I decided not to find out and continued walking.
I reached the city's center. Only a few people walked down the streets just like me. I sat down at a bus station feeling my legs burning in exhaust. Slowly I rubbed over them like it would ease the pain. I buried my head in my cold hands.
Ugh why is he in my head? I can't even sleep because of him. He's so annoying and handsome at once I don't even know what to think. Maybe Changkyun was right and I should just stay away from him. I should stay away as long as I still can.
"Can someone just tell me why? Why can't I get you out of my head  Lee Jooheon?"  I felt how someone sat next to me but I refused to look up. "Don't worry. A lot of girls have this problem. Although I wouldn't call it a problem, it's more of an honor to constantly thinking about me." Oh come on! What did I ever do to the universe to be punished like that. I took my hands off only to find Jooheon sitting right next to me. He looked up at the stars like this wasn't the most embarrassing moment in my life. "Oh no! Not you!" I whispered and buried my face again. "You're the last person that should be here right now." I mumble into my hands. I heard him laugh a little. "Why? You were talking about me, it's only fair that I heard it." He said totally relaxed. I took a peek at him. "What's with the hiding?" He asked giving me a light push. I took away my hands. "Listen. The last thing I want is your major ego to boost up if that's even possible." He looked at me. "But?" he asked and crossed his arms behind his head and leaned back. "But...but..." He interrupted by coming closer. He leaned forward. "But you're still thinking about me huh?" He placed his hand on my leg, stroking it softly. "That's why you're here isn't it? You laid in your bed thinking, What is he doing right now? Is he thinking about me too? I wanna kiss him so bad." He started laughing. I rolled my eyes at him. "Omg! How are you real?!" I slapped his hand away. "Aww Babe. Don't be so mad. It's alright." He shook his head and laughed. "Okay enough! What about you? What are you doin here in the middle of the night? Are you stalking me now?!" I said, lifting my eyebrows. His smile faded on seconds and he turned his head away. "Jooheon?" I touched his arm, not sure what was going on. "No I....I was actually driving around." He pointed at a car that was parked on the other side of the street. It was the same jcar he drove me home that night. Oh my god he kept it?! "My daughter woke up and couldn't sleep again. Driving usually helps her to sleep." He folded his hands together and stared at the car. My jaw dropped at that. Daughter?! He looked over to me. "D-Daughter? You...you have a daughter?!" I stuttered and stared at him. He nodded. "Yeah her name is don't be stupid of course not." He started laughing again. "I hate you!" I slapped him multiple times. "What is wrong with you!" I stood up and was ready to leave when a still laughing Jooheon grabbed my wrist. "No no no wait please." He tried to stop laughing but somehow couldn't. "Okay okay sorry I'm sorry, I'm done now. Come here." he pulled me back on the bench. "Seriously you're the worst." I said and crossed my arms. "Hey come on it was funny." He said and laid his arm around me. "Very funny mhm." I sarcastically fired back at him. I looked back at his car, which wasn't really his car. "Can I ask you something?" I asked him now in a serious tone. "No I'm not gonna drive you home again." he said rolling his eyes. "That's not even...Can you be serious just once in your life." I grabbed my hair. "Ask." he said looking at me curious about what's going to follow. "Never mind." I said as I suddenly regret wanting to ask why he would keep a stolen car. "Oh hell no. You already started so finish now." he said a bit louder. I suddenly remember what he told me when we fist met. "We don't always get what we want hm." I said teasingly. "That's what you told me when we first met and I asked for your name." I looked up at the stars smiling. After I didn't received an answer I looked over at him. His expression was unreadable. He was just looking at me. "Wow." he started and scratched his head. "You do really think about me a lot to remember that." He smiled. "Is someone having a crush on me?" How unsurprisingly there was the smirk again. "Lee Jooheon shut up! I do not nor will I ever have a crush on you. You're not as handsome as you obviously think." I said annoyed by him. "Now excuse me but I'll rather be alone." I turned away from him so I no longer had to see his stupid smirk. "I was just kidding babe. Don't be so serious." his voice suddenly sounded very different than before. It was more calm and quiet not as powerful as it used to be. It almost sounded like he really was sorry. "Yuriko?" He called me by my name? That caught my attention and I turned back at him. "What?" I said and looked him in the eyes. He made a puppy face which couldn't keep me mad for any second.