Chapter 11 One step too far

The sun was setting and the moon rising. After a good meal we made our way back home. Everyone has left, except for Jooheon and me. He walked a little in front of me, like he was leading the way. "Jooheon?" I stopped walking and looked at him. He turned around with such elegance it looked like he was performing. "Talk to me." He said and gilded in front of me. I raised my eyebrow and smiled at him. Some passengers passed us when Jooheon suddenly started to sing "One summer night."

I bursted into laughter immediately

I bursted into laughter immediately. He started to dance as well, swinging around the lantern. People looking at us smiling. I watched him perform, like he was some kind of idol. He took my hand and twirled me around. People started to clap as Jooheon took a bow at them. He smiled like a child. I clapped along with them. "You're just full of surprises." I said shaking my head. „Sure I am." he sat down and looked at me. "So what did you wanted to tell me?" his smile was so precious. His little dimples were shown which made me smile once again.
"You're so beautiful when you smile." slipped out of my mouth. My eyes widened and I slapped my hand on my mouth. He looked surprised and smiled at me. "Thank you" he simply answered. "So that's what you wanted to tell me?" he laughed a little.
I shook my head. "No...I wanted to ask you...why...why did you kiss me?" Nervously I played with my fingers and waited for him to answere me. He looked at the floor. "Told you I would." he said. Although it was true, it didn't sound honest. I raised my eyebrows and searched for the words. "But..." I started but he jumped up amd grabbed my hand. "Let me show you my house." He suddenly said and laid his arm around my shoulders and started walking.
Confused I looked at him. "Y-Your house?" I asked. He stopped walking and looked at me. "Babe...We really gotta do something about that stuttering habit of yours." He laughed a little, which made me think once more about how beautiful this sound was.

******
In front of the big gate I stopped. "House?! This isn't a house, this is a freaking castle!" he laughed at my words as he lead the way in. We entered a beautiful almost palace lookalike mansion. "Jooheon do you really live here?" I whispered. He nodded. And took off his jacket. He took mine as well and hung it up. I twirled around, feeling like a princess. Just as I closed my eyes I bumped into someone. Luckily it was Jooheon who once again catched me. "Okay princess Yuriko enough dancing, follow me.
A big round stair lead the way to the upper floor. Lots of rooms in a big hallway. We entered one room, which turned out to be his bedroom. It was nothing like I would have expected. The colours were red amd black which did kinda suit him but still I thought his room was blue. He laid down in his bed and let me observe the room. A big bed check, flat screen tv check, bigger closet than I could ever have check and for some reason he had an aquarium in his room. I pointed at it and looked at him. "Birthday gift" he answered like it was no big deal. "Alright." I looked around more. There was a desk next to the big windows, with a computer, a few notebooks and other books on it. "Wow." I let out seriously impressed by the size of this room. "You know, your bedroom is bigger than my living room and kitchen." I scratched my head. He looked at the floor. I knew what he was thinking about. All the people who used to liked him for his money. "I like your home better." he suddenly said, what surprised me. I laid sat down next to him placing my hand on his leg. Damn those muscles. "Why?" I asked. His eyes were burning on my hand on his leg. "Big house with few people gets pretty lonely." He sighed and smiled at me. "Let's not talk about it." he said and stood up. He walked to his big flat screen and turned it on. "Wanna watch a movie?" he asked. My eyes wandered over to my watch around my wrist. "Uhm..." I started as he once again read my mind. "You can sleep here, don't worry." he said. I scratched my head. "Not to be rude or anything but...forget it! I'm not gonna sleep here!" I said and although I really liked him, this was just to much for me. He turned around and I swear it was slow motion. "Oh?" his eyebrows raised and he he leaned against the desk. "Yes!" I said with the most confident voice I could.
His smirk, which I luckily haven't seen in forever appeared again on his face. "Why? Are you scared?" he asked as he slowly approached me. I stood up and placed my hands on my hips. "Is there a reason I should be?" I said. He shrugged. "You tell me?" He said still approaching me.
"Jooheon...obviously I do like you and all. You're a nice guy and yes I'm gonna be awkward now and just say it, you're freaking hot! But! Big but! I'm not like Barbie doll and just gonna sleep with you out of nowhere! So excuse me but you got the wrong girl for that!" I finished with a deep breath. Although this was an embarrassing moment and the blood rushed into my cheeks, I was relieved I said that. I wasn't sure if I should leave now or wait for him to speak. Jooheons expression changed so fast, I couldn't tell what was going on in his mind right now.
"I never said something about sleeping with me. I said sleep here." He crossed his arms. "So  that's what you think? That I'm one of these guys?" Suddenly I felt how my heart got heavy. "Jooheon you..." he interrupted me. "No, no I see. Let me guess Changkyun told you something about me." he ran his fingers through his hair, expression furious. "No! He didn't. I just...I mean...last time with Barbie you...the way you talked to her and the way you kissed me after that..." his face turned from furious to disappointment. "What?" His voice was only a whisper. "So that...that's what you think about me? This is the way you see me?" He laughed a little, it wasn't a normal laugh. It sounded frustrated and right now I wish I could turn back time. "That's great." He smiled at me. A sad smile.
My heart broke into millions of pieces. "Jooheon I'm..." he walked over to his desk and  swiped everything off. I jumped at that and closed my eyes. I immediately opened my eyes as he slammed his fist into the wall.
"Jooheon stop!" I shouted. His eyes were dark, almost black out of anger. What did I do?! I walked backwards until my back crashed into the wall. He was breathing heavy, facing the floor. "I didn't mean to hu..." "Get out." He said, with a quiet voice. I was frozen and didn't move. "I.Said.Get.Out!" He paused between every word, but his voice was loud and clear now. Without control I started to run! Through the hallway, down the big stairs and out the door. I kept running until my legs were burning.

I sat down on a rock on the sidewalk, catching my breath. I don't know what I did, but it was not good. I called Sona. "Hello?" she asked with a sleepy voice. "Sona? It's me! I'm so sorry I woke you up. I need you!" As soon as I finished talking tears ran down my cheeks. "Sure I'm on my way." she hung up and I headed home. While I was walking home I started to cry.
Sona sat down next to me amd softly stroked my back. "I'm sorry that happened Yuriko." she said. "I just...I really hurt him." I said, still crying. "You should have seen the look on his face." I continued. "But Yuriko...one thing I don't understand. I mean yes it might have hurt him...but why did he react like that? Isn't it a little too much. I mean smashing your computer and slamming your fist into the wall sounds like a pretty intense reaction." She said.  I thought about her words. The longer I thought about it, the more I felt like she was right. "There is more behind it."
She stayed over the night as we tried to get my mind off tonights events.

The whole weekend I haven't heard from Jooheon. I texted him a few times and even tried to call him after Changkyun gave me his number. I had to fight very long for him to help me but he gave up after I used my puppy eyes. On monday I looked out for Jooheon but for the first two hours I couldn't find him. When I was sitting in the cafeteria I saw Jooheons friends. Should I ask them about Jooheon? I could but...maybe he told them and they hate me too. I decided I wanted to know where he is, or at least if he's fine. Slowly I walked over to them and sat down next to Kihyun. All eyes where on me. "What?" Kihyun fired at me. Alright...he hates me. Shownu, Wonho and Hyungwon stood up with the excuse they had to go to class. I nodded at them and suddenly the table seemed so interesting. "So? What do you want?" Kihyun asked again. "Kihyun!" Minhyuk warned him. "What?" He fired at Minhyuk. For a while they had a mute conversation in their heads. "If you wanna talk to her fine! She's not my friend so I don't need her here." He stood up and left. "Kihyun...?!" Minhyuk called for him but got completely ignored. "It's fine...you can go too. I understand that you guys don't want to talk to me." I whispered, fighting against the tears again. "Yuri what happened between you and Jooheon...that's none of my business. It's just...there's only one time we saw him like that and we all never wanted to see him like thay again. I don't know what you did but...you really hurt him." Minhyuk said. In his voice I heard that he was trying to be nice but he was also mad. He didn't wanted to make me feel any better, he was just honest. I nodded. "I know...that's why I wanted to ask if you know where he is? I wanna..." I stopped talking as soon as I saw the expression on his face. "No!" he said. "No?" confused I looked at him. "Just...leave him alone." He said and his voice almost sounded begging. "Minhyuk...I have to. I wanna apologize to him and I will." I said a bit annoyed at him for that weird advice. Speaking of the devil, Jooheon walked into the cafeteria. As my eyes met his, I immediately stood up. "Yuri don't!" Minhyuk tried one last time. I ignored him and waited for Jooheon to arrive at out table. "Minhyuk...Where's the rest?" He asked, straight up ignoring me. "They left. I don't know where." Jooheon nodded. "Jooheon...can...can we talk?" I asked. My voice failed me completely. He looked at me, with a face that makes you know you fucked up. "Jooheon...I know what I said hurt you...and it obviously hurt you more than I thought." My gaze wandered to his wounded hand. "But I just...I swear I never meant to hurt you! I'm so sorry Jooheon." I said fighting again against those stupid tears. He looked at me amd than back to Minhyuk. "Let's go find them." he said not reacting to any of my words. Minhyuk looked between Jooheon and my shocked gaze. "Jooheon..? Did you hear me?" I asked. He took a deep breath. "I couldn't care less about you." Ouch. That just broke my heart. He walked away and Minhyuk followed him.
I need to find out why he was that upset. I can't stand this cold distance between us.  I need to fix it and I need to do it now.