Chapter 7 The Connect

Without another word I went back upstairs. All I heard was my mother calling my name and a quick "Would you mind?" As he seemed to stand up as well and follow me. I rushed into the bedroom and closed the door behind me. I jumped into my bed and laid there until I heard a soft knock on the door. "May I come in?" He asked from the other side of the door. "No!" I said, rolling my eyes. He opened the door just enough to stick his head through. "You know I'm gonna do it anyway." He stepped inside and looked at me. Eyes soft and his whole presence seemed shy. "Than why bother asking?" I said annoyed. "We need to talk." He said slowly moving to my bed. He sat down next to me. "I've got nothing to say to you." I turned my body away from him and faced the wall. "That's fine with me but I've got a lot to say to you." He said, softly touching my back. "I thought I should...wait what were the words again? 'Stay out of you life and get my own?' Isn't that what you said to me?" I mumbled into the pillow. "That's what I said..." He scratched his head. "You know...I...I uh..." he stopped talking, trying to find the right words. I turned my head to take a peek at him. He was staring at the wall at a picture of me and Changkyun. "You're pretty close hm?" He asked pointing at the picture with his index finger. "Would you please just go!" I said trying to sound harshly but failed completely as I looked into his face.
"No...I need to talk to you." He said focusing on me now. "Then talk." Crossing my arms I sat up again looking at him patiently. He stayed quiet, studying my face. His eyes went from mine to my nose down to my lips where they stayed a while. "Jooheon!" I ripped him out of his daydream. "Sorry." He said and looked down to the carpet on the floor. What's wrong with him? "So confusing." I accidentally said out loud. Damn it! His head shot up as soon as the words, who were supposed to be a thought, came out. His eyes tied to mine. "I am confusing?" He laughed a little. "Have you met yourself?" He continued. "Excuse me?" I said in disbelieve. "Apology accepted." He joked clearly aware of what I meant. "Anyway...What I wanted to talk about..." he turned his head away so he no longer had to look at me. "What did Changkyun told you about me? You said he was right with what he said about me." He said as he stood up and started to walk in circles in my room. I lifted one eyebrow, confused and surprised that this was his question. He stopped and looked at me. "He...well just that...Hold on a second! You can just show up here at night asking me stupid questions like that!" He stared at me. "I just...please?" He now folded his hands together. I sighed. "He said there are a lot of rumours about you. About being criminal, stealing, cheating and that you've got arrested once." I shrugged like it was no big deal but secretly I was dying to know. He gave me a smirk. "That's all?" He asked.
I looked at him shocked and confused at the same time.  "You're a major asshole." I continued. His eyes widened. "What?!" He came closer. "No that's what Changkyun says." He looked at me sad. "But you agree with him."  "Why do you think..." I stopped myself as I noticed, that's exactly what I said to him. "Jooheon...since we're here being honest. Can I ask you a question, that's been on my mind for a long time now?" I ask him. He walked over to my bed again and laid down closing his eyes. "Sure. What do you wanna know?" He said breathing out." I observed him for a moment before I spoke. "The night you drove me home for the first time. You stole a car. And...and you kept it. Why would you do that?" The words spilled out of my mouth so fast I wasn't sure he understood something. He started laughing a little. "Exactly! Why would I do that?" Confused I scratched my head, waiting for him to explain.

"Yuriko I didn't stole the car." He now said looking at me seriously as he noticed the question wasn't a joke. "Yes! You did!" I said and crossed my arms. He smiled at my stupidity. "It's mine Yuri. Relax." He shook his head in disbelieve. "But you said..." he interrupted as he sat up again. "And you liked the idea." He answered the question before I could actually finish it. "I did not." I pouted. "Really? No adrenaline rushing in you body? No excitement?" He sarcastically asked. I shut up in an instant. "See! I knew it." He said proud that he was right. "So that's why you did that? To make me feel...excited?" "I did it so you have some fun." He answered.
For a moment there was silence. Jooheon stretched out on my bed again making himself comfortable.