Chapter 20 Wake up!

Have you ever thought about life? How fast it could end? How long it could be? We wake up everyday, smiling, crying, meeting with friends. amd family. We live day after day. Not thinking about what happens the next second. Or maybe we do and miss out on a whole bunch of opportunities because we're scared. We live tge life we always wanted not regretting anything. Or we hate our life, regrets in every decision we take. Isn't it crazy how everything, your whole life can change in one second?

One second you're happy smiling about something, the next you're crying. One second you are happily and totally in love hugging your boyfriend, the next you're laying on the cold hard asphalt. Unconscious, not knowing what's happening and if this is the end.

Jooheons P.o.V

Everything happened so fast but yet so slow. I screamed Yuris name along with the other boys. The car rushing towards her smiling and happy form. She turned her head into the direction of the honking car, but she didn't move. In her eyes I could see the fear. She knew what was going to happen next. I started running but deep inside I knew it was pointless. Before I could even get near her, her body got slammed by the car. She rolled on to the bonnet of the car before she fell down to the ground. As soon as she touched the ground, I swear I heard bones cracking in her body. We all stopped and gasped for air.
I ran up the her looking into her eyes. She slowly closed them and passed out.

"Yuri! Wake up! Please!" I screamed, when I arrived next to her unconscious form. Changkyun touched my shoulder. „Don't touch her Jooheon." He said in a calm voice. „What?! She's bleeding and hurt! I can't just..." I started complaining but he interrupted me. „You could hurt her and make things worse if you do! We need to call an ambulance." He said and pulled his phone out. He distanced himself with Shownu and Minhyuk. A shocked girl came out of the car that just slammed my girlfriend. Her hands were pressed on her mouth. "Oh my god! She came outta nowhere! I'm soo...I..." She was shaking and crying. I looked at her. Many people would probably feel bad for her now, but all I saw was the person that hurt my girlfriend. "She came outta nowhere?!" I stood up, walking towards her. "She came outta nowhere?! Maybe you should learn how to use a fucking break!" I shouted at her. She shut her eyes in fear. "Jooheon!" Wonho grabbed my arm and pulled me away from her. "Calm down right now!" he warned me. "Calm down?! She ran over Yuri! How am I supposed to stay calm! She could be dead!" I yelled at him.

How can they all be so calm when Yuri could be dead? Wonho took a deep breath. "Listen I know you're nervous and worried. But yelling won't help anyone now. So Jooheon you either calm down or I will lock you in the car!" He said and smiled. I rolled my eyes. "Really? Now's the time to make a joke?" I said and walked back to Yuris still unconscious body. Wonho talked to the girl who drove the car.

In the hospital I sat in the waiting room with Minmin and Kyun. Kyun was on the phone with Yurikos parents and Minhyuk was talking to a Nurse. I looked around. All the people sitting there were calm, reading magazines and waiting patiently for information. My eyes wandered over to the clock on the wall opposite of me. It's ticking made me even more nervous. It's been hours since we arrived here. Hours in which no one told me if my girlfriend was still alive. If she even had a chance of making it. Nothing. The same stupid sentence over and over again. "Please wait. The doctor will talk to you soon." When soon?! My legs started shaking and I burried my face in my hands.
I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hey you alright?" Changkyun sat next to me. I looked up and nodded. "Don't worry about Yuri. She will make it." He said confident. I narrowed my eyes. "How do you know? Why are you all so calm?" I asked. He smiled. "Because I know her. She would let something stupid like this accident take away her chance of being with her first love." he said. My eyes widened in surprise. "What?" was the only thing that came out of my mouth. "I mean it Jooheon. She never gave up on you. She was defending you everytime I told her she was crazy for liking you. She defended you whenever I talked bad about you. Sorry for that. She even stood by you through all this drama with Ayumi." He continued. "She really loves you Jooheon, that's why she will come back." He smiled. His phone was ringing again and he left. I looked at him. Just yesterday we hated each other. I couldn't imagine being in the same room as him for longer than 10 minutes. And now he comforted me. Life is crazy.
He walked back to me. "Hey I gotta leave for a while. I need to talk to Yuris parents be back later. Call me when there are any news." he said and tapped my shoulder. I nodded and looked for Minhyuk. He was still talking to the nurse although I was sure it wasn't about Yuri anymore. He got his flirty look on and the nurse was almost drooling. I shook my head. He smiled at her and walked back to me. "So?" I asked. "Got her number!" He said smiling widely and holding a paper into my face. I'm surrounded by a bunch of idiots. "And Yuri?!" I said in a harsh tone. He smiled at me. "Yuri wilk be fine." He said happy. I stared at him. "And you waited to tell me because...?" I asked. "Seriously?! All of you act like it's no big deal and nothing happened! We're in a freaking hospital because MY girlfriemd got hit by a freaking car! She's in here since I don't know 6 hours! It's almost midnight and you've got nothing better to to than get the number of a nurse?! What the hell is wrong with you?" I said a little louder. Minhyuk seemed surprised about my words. "Come with me." Minhyuk said. "What?" I askes confused. "You're going outside right now!" He said. "Who the hell.." "Don't forget I'm still older than you!" He warned me. I rolled my eyes and walked to the exit.