Chapter 4

Steve is going the inner part of the base.  Slowly realizing that this isn't Hydra.  Least, it couldn't possibly be.  Nothing in any of the halls or on doors, or on uniforms to indicate that this base was Hydra.

        Luckily for him, no one has spoken to him, and if they were, he didn't hear them.

        Sadly, he didn't know where they took Evelyn, and wondering around the base until he found her, or anyone else wasn't the brightest idea, but he didn't know where he was going.

        He found it odd that he only passed a hand full of people.  Did no one work around here or something?  They we're given the impression that this base was bigger than most of the Hydra bases they've dealt with.

        He was on one of the upper level floors.  Quite a few windows up there.  He decided to go over to them and look out.  He lifted up the mask so that he could see clearly, but from the sudden bright light he went blind and closed his eyes.

        The funny thing was, is that it was night time.  They got there as the sun was setting.  He slowly opened his eyes, squinting a bit, but then realizing the light was from a fire.  A huge fire.

        He couldn't possibly think about why there would be such a big fire at a base like this, you're practically telling your enemy where you are.  Then he saw a groups of people on the other side of the fire.  Looked like a barbwire fence separated them.  He was very confused about what was going on out there.

        He wanted to go down and check but wasn't sure if he was authorized to.  He looked over at the groups of people, then realized how sickly they looked.  He then knew for sure they aren't in a Hydra base.  Hydra could have cared less about the concentration camps.  Plus there was Hydra's code.  They don't take prisoners.

        He quickly put the mask back on and turned around going back down the hall.  He knew where to find everyone, now he just had to figure out how to get everyone back safely, even the people that weren't soldiers.

        He went outside.  He wasn't near the camp, but he didn't want to be right now.  He had to get a good look at the place, see if there were a stock of weapons and vehicles.  There were a few jeeps, but no vehicles with a hood to even slightly stop an attack, besides the three tanks on the other side of the open yard.  Even to save just half the people in there would be good, but he would feel guilty about losing the other half.  If he doesn't do anything though, they will all die.

        Steve walks into a separate building to see what was inside, he was hoping weapons.

        The door to the building is open.  There's a few more vehicles.  He wasn't exactly wrong.  There were weapons, and they looked like the same ones Hydra uses, which so far has been the only comparison between the two.

        It surprises Steve that because this base is so big, and even has a concentration camp, that they barely have any weaponry and mobility.  Then again, they never knew about this base until a week ago, when a plane spotted it from above and radioed in to tell them  about it.

        And who ever this is sure was keeping themselves hidden well.

        They could probably get away with the things in here, its just getting over here may be the problem.  Steve grabs a gun that looks similar to what Hydra uses.  He grabbed a few grenades as well.

        Sadly he couldn't bring his shield in.  He would have clearly gotten noticed since everyone around here was wearing black and navy blue.  He wouldn't have minded carrying it, but he didn't want to jeopardize this suicide mission.  He walks though the yard to see if he could get to the camp from there.  Which he can, he just can't get inside.

        You have go inside and find the one heavy door that connects into the camp.  But he's going to take a wild guess and say that the people on his level probably don't have access to go in there.  But what did that matter.  Steve came on a mission to rescue these people, and that's what he planned on doing.

        He walked back inside.  A few more guards, he noticed.  Seemed like it gets busier as the night goes on.  They must be coming in from checking the boarder or something.  He knows he can't just walk into the camp looking like he did, but what else was he going to do.