chapter 7

She knew that taking the knife out would make her hand bleed more.  The man called her a smart girl, and he twisted the knife in her hand.  She tried biting her lip to hold back from yelling in pain.
        "If you were smarter, you'd tell me all that you know.  Being Captain America's partner and all, I suspect that you know a few extra things.''
        ''Look bub, I could care less about being that guy's partner, I only am because Hydra killed his first one, and I was probably the second closest thing he had.  They thought I could bring him back to his senses after losing his best friend.  I could say it worked, but now that he's lost me,'' she sucks her teeth tilting her head a bit shrugging.  "Don't think he's gonna want another partner"
        "Guess it won't matter if we kill you."
        She wasn't sure if she cut him off or if he was done there, but she starts off busting out a single laugh.  "Like you'd kill me.  If you were going to do that you would have done that right away.  No,'' she shakes her head chucking.  "No, you want me for something," she opens her eyes and looks at him.  "Just tell me what it is.  Its not like I'm going anywhere."
        The guy takes out the knife in her hand.  She bites her lip from the pain, and digs her nails into the arm of the wooden chair.  Blood is pouring out even more now.  She could easily bleed out.  She tried not thinking of that.
        "Remember, we could be doing worse to you, but you're right, we need you for something.  You're going to test something for us, and you will cooperate,'' he says.  She growls at him.  Seeing as that he's in front of her, she kicks her leg out kicking him in the crotch and then kicks high enough to kick him in the jaw.
        She awkwardly stands up as she's still tied to the chair.  The guy goes to punches her but she falls to the ground hard enough to break the arms off the chair.  He was about to step on her as she was on the ground but instead rolled out of the way and quickly got up.  She got the wooden chair out out between her arm and the rope and seen that  it was decently sharp and tried stabbing him with it, but it didn't work.  He stabbed her in the shoulder and she yelled in pain.  She kicked his hand causing him to drop the knife.  She quickly grabbed it and kicked his feet making him fall on the floor.  She kicked in in the head really hard making him unconscious.
        Suddenly she hears the door open with three people coming in with guns.  She didn't have anything to throw at them this time.  Someone else followed them in.  Looked like he could be second in charge.  Or maybe he was the first guy and let the other one do the work for him, not exactly a bad idea.
        She stopped where she was and turned to the guys.  "Drop the knife and put your hands in the air," one of the guys with a gun says.  She listens.  She knew she couldn't do anything.  She keeps her eyes on all of them as one comes over.  He takes her arms and ties her hands together.
        "Eberle,'' the nicer dressed man said.  It grabbed her attention and she directed her attention towards him.  "Follow me,'' he walked out of the room, and before she even had a chance to pick up her feet the guy behind her shoved her to get her moving.  She followed the guy, barely, she started to feel light headed the more she walked.  She was sure she was leaving a trail of blood from her hand.  She tried keeping her eyes open, she could tell that if she closed them she was going to pass out.
        The guy led her into a room and told her to sit on the metal table.  She wasn't going to argue.  He told the guys with the guns to leave.  They hesitated as if they weren't expecting that, but they left before he said anything else.  He stood a few feet from her.  She had a bunch of things going though her head but wasn't sure if she should ask anything, but she did anyway.  "Who are you?"
        "You can call me Selmo Mattica."
        "Are you the one that runs this," she pauses trying to think of the name.  "Hyde?"
        He nods at first.  "I am," a woman comes into the room, she looks like a nurse.  She goes over to Evelyn and unties her hands and starts to tend to her hand.
        She watches the nurse clean her hand, and moves her eyes before she moves her head to look at Selmo.  "Not sure if I understand what you're doing,'' she flinches a bit from the Nurse touching the wound.
        ''Everything that happened in the backroom was none of my doing.  Yes we were going to ask you questions, but you woke up sooner than what we thought."
        She doesn't care if he was going to go on and say more but she didn't care about what he was saying, but she was only staying still to get her hand treated.  "What are you?  What is Hyde?  You have Hydra weapons, but camps like Nazi's.  What are you up to?"
        "We are a smaller group.  We mainly deal with testing out everything on people we keep in the camps, and to innaliate them all, but we are also helping Schmidt to take over.  We'll all admit that the Norse things he talks about are a bit absurd, but if you can't beat them, join them.  Best bet is to chose the winning side.''
        Evelyn lets out a single laugh.  "You chose the wrong side, bub.  You aren't going to win."
        "That's what you think.  I have a proposition for you,'' the nurse starts to clean the blood off her neck before she wraps her hand.  "I was at a Hydra base a day that you and your team came to take it down, and I saw what you could do, and I'm very impressed.  Especially for a woman,'' she hated when people pointed that out, she believes that if a guy can do it, she can too, you shouldn't be surprised about it.  "I want you to work with us, the winning side."
        ''Sure, winning side.  That's why we keep taking your side out.  What in hell makes you think that-."
        Selmo cut her off, he already knew what she was going to say, and of course she'd ask it.  "We haven't let our secret weapon out yet.  You're strong, and besides, do the guys there think of you as just another soldier or a woman?"
        She flinched then the nurse took her hand to wrap it.  For a moment she forgot all about it.  "It doesn't matter what the soldier there think about me.  I'm fighting for my country and sticking up for everyone that live there.  You're the enemy."
        "There is no enemy, you just don't share the same opinion,'' she was too busy arguing with Selmo to notice that the nurse grabbed a syringe until the needle was already in her neck.  She felt the prick and pushed the nurse away and she stood up quickly and backed up.  She got up too quickly and couldn't see straight, but her loosing a lot of blood didn't help either.  She was straining her eyes to stay open but her eye lids got heavier and heavier, until they wouldn't open any longer and she fell to the floor.