chapter 23

They never checked her to see if she had any weapons or say of contacting anyone to tell them where she was.  Which in her case, she did, but it was a small ear piece.  She wasn't able to activate it since her hands were still chained up to the ceiling.

        She finally remembered and had an idea on how to press the button on it.

        She struggled to get herself up on her feet, blood still coming out of all the open wounds on her back from being whipped.  He tilted her head sideways and was able to press the button with her arm, she heard a soft click.  "Is . . . is anyone there?"

        She moved her head so she could hear their response.  "Evelyn?"  It sounded like Steve.  "Are you okay?"

        "I'm . . . I'm fine, Steve," she let out a hiss of pain.  "I'm probably not coming back from this though."

        "What?  Evelyn  you sound like you're in pain, whats wrong?"

        "Vlada tried getting me to tell him anything I knew.  I didn't tell him anything though."

        "Ev, what did they do to you?  Sharon get her coordinates from the tracker."

        "Steve no, Stay away from this place, they will kill you on the spot.  Look Steve, someone is coming, I have to go."

        "I am not leaving you there Evelyn!  I lost you once I'm not loosing you again!"

        As he was talking the door to the dark, musky, moist room opened, the light blinding her from the outside halls, which caused her to fall again, only the chains on her wrists to hold her up.  He heard someone talk but paid no attention to what they were saying, until they shouted it a second time.  She stood up on her feet and  saw Vlada walking to the front of her.  He reached for the ear piece she had in her ear.

        ">>Planning on getting out are you?<<"

        ">>I'd rather me die, than . . . than someone die trying,<<" she said weakly.  Vlada just gave a chuckle.  ">>Why don't you just kill me?  Or wipe me and start over like you did every other time?<<"

         ">>Because you're the best soldier we have for one, two, you're just going to go though the same process if we don't get rid of your friend, you're just going to keep remembering, and the job will never get done, but who knows, maybe we can take him in, and finally get rid of you,<<" he held out the ear piece while pressing the button. then told her what to say.  ">>Send a message to your friend for me,<<"

        "Steve?  You still there?"

        "Yeah I'm here, what do you need?"

        She translated what Vlada said in her head quickly before saying anything.  "He wants you to come to the base, to come to try to save me," Vlada added something else once she was finished.  "but more likely die trying,"

        "Evelyn I am coming there to save you no matter what you say.  Sharon do you have her location?"

        Evelyn listened to Vlada asking repeating what he said.  "Steve?" she said softly.  "Do you have the coordinates?" she nodded at Vlada saying that he had them.  Right before he took his finger off the button she yelled.  "Don't you dare come here, Steve!  They'll kill you!"

        Vlada crushed the ear piece after a guy behind Evelyn hit her so that Steve could hear her yell in pain.  She knew her back would be bleeding again soon.  She heard Vlada say something, but payed no attention to what it was saying.  Suddenly the chains weren't holding her up any longer and she fell to the floor, she wasn't sure if she could use her legs, but they gave her no choice, they made her get up and walk.

        She believed that she was leaving a trail of blood from her back.  Her hands were cuffed in the front of her, they expected that she wouldn't try anything.

        Vlada stayed in the base while Evelyn was taken out into the yard by the entrance.  She was put on her knees.  They were using her as bait.  Anyone who was aware on what was happening was told to fire when called.  Evelyn could feel herself starting to loss consciousness by the second, if she didn't keep her eyes open she'd pass out.