Chapter 21

"I don't believe Fury is making you do this for your first mission alone.  Isn't he aware of what could happen to you.  We could lose you.  You disappear for over a month and you find your way back?  And, oh god, what if they wipe you."

        Steve was pacing back and forth filled with anxiety nearly lecturing Evelyn.  She was sitting on the couch in his apartment listening to him.  Fury wanted her to go back into Hyde's base and get all the information that she can from the computers.

        "Steve relax, I'm going to be."

        "No you aren't, Evelyn, and you know that," he stops pacing to look at her face to say it.  He didn't want to scorn her, but he just wanted to get it though to her.  "I just, I don't want to lose you again," he sat beside her placing a hand on her shoulder.

        "You aren't going to, Steve, you need to believe in me," she cupped her right hand on his cheek, smiling at him.  "Can you do that?"

        He smiled and puts his hand on her's slowly taking it off his face to hold it.  He looked down at her hand.  It had a nasty scar from years ago whenever she had gotten a knife stabbed into her hand.  He looked back up at her, and into her golden eyes.  "Of course I can," he kissed the scar.

        Evelyn leaned in, kissing him on the lips softly.  She's only done so twice since he's told her how he feels about her.  It was weird to have someone like you the way you like them.  She slowly pulled back.  Steve's stomach was turning until it got itself  balled up in a knot.  He opened his eyes to look at her and once they made eye contact he went back in to keep kissing her.

        She felt him start to move his arms, thinking that he was going to wrap his arms around her, but instead began tickling her.  She exploded with laughed which completely broke the kiss, and the moment.

        "Steve!" she yelled laughing.  "Stop it!" she squealed with laughter.  He laughed just by hearing her laugh.  God did he love to hear her laugh.  He didn't stop tickling her side.  Evelyn tried pushing him away to get him to stop but she ended up falling off the couch laughing.  She covered her sides  and stomach with her arms, but then reached up to bring Steve down onto the floor with her, him laying on top of her.

        He blushed, and he had no way to hide it since he was directly on top of her.  "Come on, Steve.  Lighten up," she kissed him again putting her arms over his shoulders..

        He kisses her back with passion, while her's seemed to be with lust.  Steve wasn't so sure about doing anything, not like he's good with this stuff.

        He put his arms under her and then rolled so she was on top of him.  He tangled his fingers in her bright blonde hair and the ice blue streaks.  Her hair could have been silk for all her knew.  It was so soft, and so straight, nothing like what he remembered before.

        She smiled against his lips as she laid on the top, her hands resting on his wide shoulders as she kept giving him small kisses.