chapter 16

Steve was finishing up a bit of the blood that was on the white floor while Sharon was looking at the metal device that was in Evelyn's neck.  It was a bit bloody from being yanked out.  Evelyn was in the bathroom getting a shower.  They told her that they'd have one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s body suits for her when she was done, which Sharon went and got and set in the bathroom.
        Evelyn was in the shower for nearly a half hour.  Lost in her thoughts.  The only reason why she wasn't in there longer was because Steve asked her if she was doing okay in there.  She said she was fine, only because she didn't know how to express how she was truly feeling.  It took her a few minutes before she came out of the bathroom.  She had her wet blonde and blue hair pulled up into a pony tail so that the water wouldn't soak the back of the body suit, which seemed skin tight on her.
        Steve went over to her to look at the back of her neck.  She moved away and he sighed.  "Evelyn, I'm just going to properly clean it, and then bandage it so it won't bleed out.  You can sit down on the bed if you'd like."
        She nodded, not saying anything, keeping her mouth shut and sat on the bed.  She sat facing the foot of the bed one leg up on the bed, the other firmly on the ground.  Steve slowly down down behind her, not wanting to alarm her.  He felt like he was treating her like an animal, he didn't want this, he practically had to order for her to do something.
        Steve was abruptly interrupted while starting to bandage her neck.  His head shot up hearing his named get called at the door.  Evelyn payed no attention to it since it wasn't directed towards her, even if it was sudden, she had gotten use to that.
        "Rogers!  What in the hell do you think you're doing?" Fury called walking into the room.  Steve opened his mouth to talk, but as usual Fury went first.  "I thought you were ordered to stay in a different room, on a different floor, while we got someone to get her," he nodded at Evelyn.
        "I was informed that I was allowed to leave as long as Sharon was with me, which she was.  I have no control over Evelyn, if she didn't want to be found, she wouldn't have been, but evidently she wanted to be," Steve talked back.
        Fury was actually surprised about the way Steve talked back, and what he said was true.  "You intentionally went after her, which is the opposite of what you were told to do, I thought you soldiers listened."
        "That's why I always came up with my own plans," he tilts his head at Evelyn.  "She was the one that never listened."
        "Looks like the tables have turned."
        Steve got up once he finished up with her.  "I wasn't letting you send people out there to hunt her down.  She would only come out if I was there, and I wasn't taking the risk of them harming her."
        Evelyn just sat there, as if they weren't going back and forth about her.  Sharon sat beside her, which she was surprised about, since within the past hour she's hit her, and nearly killed her from being in this room.
        ". . . if I have to stay here, and I'm not allowed to see her, then I'm just taking her to my apartment with me," Evelyn only heard the ending of Steve's sentence and looked up at him.
        He seemed to know the most about her, it may not have been a horrible idea, then again something can always go wrong.

        Steve and Fury spent a few hours arguing outside of the room.  Sharon had things to tend to so Evelyn was in there by herself, barely able to hear the words coming from the two men, only when they were really raising their voices.  Her thoughts were still in Slovakian, to her it was her first language.  She did know English, but didn't like using it, but knew it was the only thing that they would understand.  She wanted to find a way out of the room, but there was nothing.  The room was under ground do no windows, and there wasn't a vent at all to circulate air.   The door automatically locks once you close it, and it can only be opened from the outside.
        She stood up off the bed and went into the bathroom to her clothes, she went though the pockets to see if anything was in there.  She found a small radio.  She doubted that it worked this far under ground, but she turned it on anyway and became talking into it.  Only static, with a very slight voice in the background.  It was too difficult to make out however.  She turned it off and stuck it in her blue belt, which she attached around her waist.  It never felt right to not have the belt on.
        Weapons.  There has to be something in there.  She always carried quite a few weapons, and no one searched her.  In her pants pocket she found a knife.  Perfect.  She kept the knife against her arm, the sleeves were too tight to hide it.  She hoped they wouldn't notice.  She walked out of the bathroom walked back over to the bed.  Half was there the door opened and she looked over at the two men walking in.  Fury stayed by the door, propping it open.
        Steve walked over to her.  "Instead of staying here, I'm bringing you to my apartment.  Are you fine with that?" Evelyn nodded her head.  Steve told her to follow him, and started to walk out of the room.
        As Evenly turned, Fury noticed the lights hit the blade of the knife and he pulled out his gun, pointing it at her.  "Drop the knife, Eberle," Steve also said something to Fury until he told her to drop the knife.
        Evelyn held the knife backwards, the blade coming out where her pinky is, easier to get a lethal wound that way, and stood in a position where she was getting ready to move.  Fury repeated himself, but of course she didn't listen.  Even if he did shoot her, she could deflect it with the knife, and hope it works.  Steve spoke up telling her to put the knife down, but he seemed kinder about it, it was something about his voice that made it seem like he was asking something totally different.  She felt as if she should listen to him, so she did.
        Slowly she stood up straight and dropped the knife.  Steve gave her a nod and Fury lowered his gun and put it back in the holster on his belt.  Steve started to walk out again and she followed.  Fury watched her closely, not trusting her at all.