chapter 22

">>Well, well, well,<<" Vlada paces in circles around her looking at her in detail.  ">>Mind telling me how you managed to get off our grid?  Or even how you disappeared for a over a month instead of coming straight back after your mission?<<"

        Evelyn stood there, in the stance she's always been told to hold while in front of anyone, unless if it was someone she was training.  She didn't say anything.  This time she fully knew what was going to happen to her if she did the wrong thing, and she couldn't risk getting wiped.

        ">>Answer me damn it, <<" he scolded her, nearly slapping her.  He stood in front of her wanting to see her expressions.

        ">>A few guards found me, sir.  S.H.I.E.L.D. got a hold of me and started doing things to me, trying to get me to talk.  I didn't utter a word to any of them.  I got away from them finally but didn't know where to go.  Few days after trying to kill Rogers again two of your men found me.<<"

        Not a bad story, but it didn't phase Valda.  He had caught a little bit of American news at the right moment to know that she was lying.  Plus being so close to her, he could tell she was a bit nervous.

        He chuckled as he made his way over to a metal table that was piled with some junk.  ">>Not bad at  story telling I see, <<" he turned around with a hand gun in his right hand.  ">>But I'd like to hear the real story, if you could. <<"

        ">>Real story or not you'll still do the same thing to me. You'll just-<<"

        Pow!  She screams out in pain and gets out of stance to put pressure on her left thigh.

        ">>Stand up!<<" he shouts at her. She stands back up going back into the stance, grunting at the pain.  ">>Mind retelling the story?<<" he walked closer to her holding the gun firmly.

        ">>I already told you my story, <<" she got slapped across the face. She bit her lip to hold in the sting. 

        ">>Well  I'm telling you to tell it again.  Or would you rather have a bullet in your head? <<" He put the gun under her jaw.

        "S.H.I.E.L.D. found me and took me in to their base to get information out of me.  I didn't tell them a thing no matter what they did to me. I got out of there and tried going after Rogers but I failed once again and earlier two of your men found me and brought me back.<<"

        He listened to her closely.  Looking for any kind of slip in the story.  "S.H.I.E.L.D. found you, or did you just fail your mission of trying to kill your target, again!<<" She told the story better this time, but he still didn't believe her.  He didn't give her time to even think of what to say next when he pointed at a guard telling them to come over.   ">>You know what to do with her,<<"

        He took the guards gun and the guard grabbed Evelyn's hands,tying them tightly with rope behind her back. She got pushed to indicate to start walking, and she did.  She had no clue where he was taking her but she listened to what he said.

        He shoved her into some dark musky room, so hard that she fell into her side.  The floor is wet.   She tried standing up but once she was half way there the guard yanked her by her hair to stand up . She grunted in pain. He untied the rope of her hands and she started to hear chains ratteling. He grabbed her left hand and put a cuff on it. The metal was wet and cold, and a rough rust feeling against her wrist which was already cutting into her skin.  Now she remembers what their going to do. To late to use her right hand for anything it was already in another cuff.  She tried falling to her knees but the cuffs were connected to the ceiling to keep her up.  

        Crack!   She bit her lip from the pain in her back.  Crack!  Her hands clenched into fists around the rusty chain.  Crack!  The skin broke on her lip. Crack!   She felt the blood rolling down her back.  Crack!  Crack!  Crack!  She finally screamed in pain.

        She didn't even realize that Valda was in the dark musky room with them. Enjoing the crack of the whip and her shouting in pain. She only realized once his hand went under her chin to make him look up into his green eyes.  ">>They've made you soft. Weak. You were only there for a month and this is how weak you became.  I'm disgusted in you, <<" he spat at her. 

        Something in her made her want to prove him wrong, as if she still was on their side.  She wasn't weak, was she? No! Why would she think that she grew up here in this facility.  She got up onto her feet.   Crack!  She nearly fell off her feet again.  A tear nearly went down her cheek but she did all she could to hold it in.  Her head was down, biting her tongue to keep quiet.

        Vlada brought her head back up to his.  ">>Now, mind telling me some if S.H.I.E.L.D.'s secrets, little spy, <<" he smirks seeing her ready to give in to him.