chapter 5

Evelyn hasn't talked to anyone but Sargent Craig, and the sun was starting to rise.  She wasn't sure what was taking Steve so long.  She was starting to get worried that someone found out that he was a fraud.  

        From what she can tell, nearly everyone from the failed mission is contained in here.  its possible that she doesn't know the numbers and a few died, but at least they died trying.

        Suddenly she hears foot steps running up behind her.  She turns around and its Steve.

        No longer in the guards outfit, but in his Captain America uniform.  Boy does he stick out.

        "Steve!" she shouts but then quite's herself down.  "Steve, what the hell are you doing in here?" she notices him holding the gun and that he has a guard's belt on still.  "And where the hell did you get those?"

        "Can't really explain right now.  Have to hurry before someone notices me in here.  I'm still trying to figure out who's base this is, because it isn't Hydra's,'' he doesn't wit for some snarky remark from her.  ''Go tell some other's about breaking out and to try to help some of the people.''

        Evelyn nods and goes off to tell the others.

        Steve looks over by the fence.  He couldn't tell from the window on the second floor, but the fence was barbwire and a chain link fence.  If this was a Hydra weapon, there won't be a problem with it breaking though the fence, the only thing is, is that he's never used one of the Hydra weapons.  Guess there's a first thing for everything.

        He doesn't give Evelyn much time to tell many people before he blows a huge hole in the fence.

        It doesn't take long for people to get what's going on.  Some of the people are worried about going out, but a good amount of them followed.

        Steve had showed them the way out, which when doing so they took some of the vehicles and found the weapons.  Even though the people that were int he camp before them, were weak from hunger they were fighting back as well.

        Steve looked around for his partner, Evelyn.  He sound't see her, normally she was close beside him.  He couldn't exactly worry about it right now, she could have easily got lost with the crowd.  He's surprised he didn't.

        He went over to the gate to get in a beat up a few guards knocking them out and leaving them on the ground.  He opens the gate to let everyone out.  He looks for his partner as he's standing there fighting a few guards with only his fist and feet.

        Everyone was on their way back to the base.  In the jeeps and few tanks that were in the yard.

        Steve went back to the woods to where him and Evelyn were at the night before.  He climbed up into a tree to grab his shield.  There was no way he'd leave it in the grass for some guard to find and take.

        He heard an explosion just as the last of the people were coming out.  A part of the base blew up.  He went over to the gate and once the dust and smoke faded away he could see a gaping hole on the right side of the building.  His stomach started to feel empty.  He thought that he should go check it out but for some reason decided not to.

        A day later, everyone makes it to the base safe and sound.  Of course Steve is praised for it, but he still can't find Evelyn.  Some soldiers started helping all the people that were int he concentration camp by getting them food and water, and if they had any wounds, that they would meant them.  People started to settle down a bit.  Steve went over to Agent Carter.  "Have you seen Eberle?  I haven't spotted her since since we left that base"

        "No I haven't.  I'm sure she's around here somewhere.  You know how that girl can be.  By the way, how did you manage to rescue all these people?''

        ''Eberle's idea.  She suggested to dress up as a guard and take her in as a prisoner.  The strange thing was is that it wasn't a Hydra base."

        "I can tell from the others that came back with you .  Hydra doesn't keep prisoners, least not for long.  Did you figure out who the base belonged to?"

        "I walked though most of the base, and there was no way to indicate who it was, but clearly wasn't Hydra, but they have the same weapons as Hydra."

        "I'll go talk to Phillips about this and see what he says what we should do.  For all we know there could be a lot more of these bases and not be aware of it,'' she walks off as one of Steve's Howling Commandos comes over.