Chapter 15

It was still really early, barely anyone was in the building.  Steve and Sharon took her down to a basement level in an elevator.  Evelyn has yet to say anything.  She had to hands cuffed behind her and looked straight ahead, as if she was at Hyde.

        "I need you to help me with her once we get down there," Steve hated talking about her as if she wasn't there, but its not like she was going to make an indication that she was listening.

        Sharon look at him.  "What could I possibly be helpful with?"

        "She needs out of that suit if we're going to try to get though to her at all.  I don't know if its something in the suit or on her skin, but it shocks her whenever she starts remembering.  We'd get nowhere and she'd be in a lot of pain.  And I want you to do it for obvious reasons."

        The elevator stops and they walk out.  Sharon let out a sigh.  "Fine, I'll do it, but just so you know, I will shoot her if needed," Steve only nods, he was hoping that it wouldn't come to that.

        Sharon took her into a room that was all white while Steve stood outside the room.  It was a detention room, a holding cell.  Something along those lines from what Evelyn could tell.  There was a bed against the wall and that was about it.  There is an opening leading separately into a bathroom.  Sharon let out a sigh as she took the handcuffs off her.  "Just to make this clear," she starts talking as Evelyn turns around to see her holding a hand gun.  "I'm not afraid to shoot you.  Now I'm going to ask you to only do a few things.  I want you to take those clothes off, and go get in the shower, leaving your clothes out here."

        Evelyn gave her a look, but said nothing.  "I'm only doing this because Rogers asked me to help him,"  Sharon said as she cocked the gun, thinking that it would threaten her.  Evelyn didn't move at all to do as Sharon told her.  She gave the assassin a look and pointed the gun at her.  "Do it now."

        She listened this time.  Evelyn began to take off the metal suspenders.  She felt a spark in the back of her head just by touching them, but one she unhooked one her whole body felt a jolt. She fell to the ground screaming in pain.  Sharon didn't know what to do.

        She rushed over to her dropping her gun she went to touch Evelyn but then pulled back after feeling the electricity in her.  "Steve!" she yelled out.  Steve was already making his way into the room.  He placed his shield between the door and the wall so that they wouldn't all be locked in there.

        He saw the two woman on the floor.  The  assassin curled up with her hand on her head, nails digging to her scalp.  The agent next to her trying to figure out what to do.  Steve knelt in front of his old friend.  "Evelyn, where does it hurt the most?" he asks her.

        She thought that saying something would make it worse, even though she didn't know how it was possible, so she just shook her head.

        "Evelyn if you want it to stop then you have to tell me where its coming from," he didn't want it to seem like he was yelling at her, he was sure that she got that enough.

        "Back of my neck," he said though her teeth.  She kept feeling jolts travel though her body, just like how it was when she woke up, she could feel little jolts, but she wasn't sure why.

        Sharon moved behind her and moved her hair out of the way.

        Evelyn freaks out.  "Don't touch me!" she quickly turned hitting Sharon in the face followed by her getting up and backing away from the two.  She was breathing heavily.

        Steve went to Sharon to see how back it was.  She said it only stung.  "We need to get a medical team down here and sedate her if we plan on doing anything."

        Steve stood up.  "No we don't," he felt bad about bringing her into this now, but she had to be around him because of his injuries.  "Stand outside of the room and watch out for anyone coming, I'll call you in if I need any help," He didn't want her getting hurt again.  She nodded and stated outside the door  He calmly walked over to the assassin.  "Just calm down Evelyn.  No one is going to hurt you.  We want to help you."

        "Yeah right!" she spat out.  "That's what they all told me" she growled.  "What makes you any different," she tried searching for a weapon on her pockets as she backed up to the wall each step he took.  Eventually her back hit the wall.  She couldn't find a weapon on her, she was sure that she had more on her.  She felt another shock in the back of her neck.  She tilted her head back shouting in pain.  He knees got weak but tried not to fall.

         By the time she looked ahead of her Steve was placing his hands on her shoulders.  She payed no attention to what he was saying and threw a punch.  He caught it however, she threw another, same deal.  He had a hold of both of her hands.

        "Evelyn, listen to me."

        "Why do you keep calling my Evelyn.  That's not my name!" she tried pulling her fists back.  He won't let go of her so she tried kick him but he was to close to her to lift up a leg.  Their bodies were practically touching.  Her golden eyes met his blue eyes once she looked up at him.  "Let me go," she growled.

        "I'm trying to help you.  Please, Evelyn," she kept trying to get out of his grip but he was too close to her for her to move.  Steve stayed calm and took both of her hands with one hand.  "What do they call you over at Hyde?" might as well try talking to her with the way she's comfortable with.

        She paused for a moment as if she was thinking.  They actually didn't call her anything.  She was deep in her thoughts trying to think, and while she was doing that Steve reached back and felt something metal dug into her skin.  Once he touched it it went off making her yell in pain.

        He quickly turned her around and moved her hair out of the way trying to ignore the volts going into him.  "This is going to hurt quite a bit," He warns her even though she has no say in it.  He ripped the piece of metal out of her, causing her to scream even more.

        "Steve?" Sharon called from the outside hitting on the door.

        ''Sharon, get a first aid kit quickly!"  He kept his hand on the back of her neck, not caring that her blood was getting all over him.