chapter 12

"I'm not going to let anyone hurt you Evelyn."

        That was the last thing Evelyn heard Steve say before something in the suit went off electrocuting her.  Steve felt as shock while he since he was touching her, which made him back away.  He wasn't sure what was going to happen once it stopped.  Evelyn fell to her knees biting her lip to resist the urge to scream in pain, as well as digging her nails into her arms.

        She broke the skin on her lip, causing herself to bleed, and she did the same to her arms.  She tried standing up to fight the pain, but she got to her feet and looked at Steve.  He was already looking at her, not sure what to do.  Last time that happened she snapped back into her trance and stabbed him, but as far as he could tell she didn't have anything in her hands, but that doesn't mean anything.

        She shot up and tried punching him in the face but he ducked.  He grabbed her writs and turned her around so that her back was facing him.  He didn't let go of her wrist and had an arm around her waist so that hopefully she couldn't move.

        "Evelyn listen to me!  You know me.  We use to be friends.  We fought side by side to take down HYDRA until that day at Hyde you got captured.  Please tell me you remember that!" he was practically begging her to say yes, even if she didn't remember.

        "I don't know you!" she yells as she shoots her head back into his face and then lifted her leg up to kick him in the crotch.  He lets go of her taking a few steps back trying to not be phased by just getting kicked in the crotch.  She quickly picked up the gun and turned to him shooting him right away not caring about aiming.  She took the shot and ran.  She heard him yell out in pain.  She run out his room and opened a window to the fire escape and jumped out and over to the next building.

        She was panting, and she wasn't sure why.  Her pulse was racing.  She did know him, she just couldn't show it.  She didn't want to get hurt again, she didn't want to deal with that again.  Three times in less than twenty-four  hours was enough for her for a long time, even though she assumed that it would happen to her again once she got back.  She didn't want to go back but she knew that she had to.  If she didn't, she'd just get shocked again, and then they'd find her, and probably just kill her.  Luckily for her the shock on her suit didn't wipe her memory, only brough her assassin self back into control.  She ran off to go back.

        Steve heard his apartment door open.  "Steve!" he could tell it was Sharon.

        "In here," he yells out in pain.  He hears her footsteps rush into his bed room and then her gasping.

        "Steve!  What happened?"

        He got hit in the stomach.  He wouldn't die from it, but he was going to lose a lot of blood, again.  "She came back, and tried killing me again.  I need to help her, Sharon."

        She helps him up as he kept a hand on his stomach.  "Are you crazy!  This is the second time she's tried killing you!  She nearly got you in the heart the first time!"

        "I can get though to her.  I already have twice.  She just needs to get out of those clothes, something on her shocks her every time she comes though and resets her."

        "Let me call someone to get you help first," she leaves the room to grab a phone.

        Steve sits on the bed listening to Sharon calling a hospital.  Figured it would be easier than S.H.I.E.L.D. since their power went off for nearly an hour.  If needed they could call people at S.H.I.E.L.D. for them if needed.  After a few minutes he hears her hang up and her bare feet walking across the wooden floor.

        She sits next to him.  "You're going to be okay."

        Steve gives a stupid smile and looks at her.  "I know that.  Don't you think I've been though worse?"

        It wasn't a time to be joking but Sharon couldn't help but give a little smile.  "Mind telling me a bit about this girl while on the way there?" she wasn't informed of anything Steve had told Fury earlier.  He nodded his head agreeing to tell her what he could.

        Not long later an ambulance came for Steve to take him to the hospital.  Like he said he'd tell Sharon about Evelyn and whats wrong with her now, least, what he could understand what happened by piecing things together.