chapter 11

Sure wasn't hard to get into the building.  She took down the power from the outside and then made her way to the back going into the basement to kill the generator.  Using the steps she made her way up a few floors.  She wasn't sure which floor to go to, to get the information that she needed.

        She would hear people talking in from room trying to figure out what happened to the power.  She was sure that it would take no more than an hour to get the power back on, as long as someone knew how to put wires back together.

        She got half way up the tower before finding what she needed.  She kicked the door down, not caring if anyone was in the room.  Which there wasn't.  It was a bit more of a privet room, probably only used during the day time.  She went over to a computer and took something out of one of the pockets on her pants she connected it to the computer which made it start up.  She broke into the system and started searching around for personal files.

        Just breaking in took about ten minutes to get though, hacking everything.  Finding all the personal files was going to be a bit rough.  Unsure if they use code names for files and such.

        Roughly half hour left.

        She finally found personal files.  Alphabetical order by last name.  She goes down to R.  She hears foot steps.  Normally someone's pulse would race, but she wasn't caring.  Rogers, Steven G.

        She clicked on his name and skimmed over the file as the foot steps get closer.  She finds his address and mumbles it a few times to memorize it.  She closes everything and unplugs the device from the computer.

        Roughly fifteen minutes.

        Her eyes widen as a bullet hits off the monitor in front of her.  She looks over at the door and see's a woman standing there with a gun.  There was not enough light coming in though the windows to see her face, but her figure was clearly a woman's.  "Who are you," she demands rather than asks.

        Evelyn says nothing.  She takes a knife out of a pocket and runs over to the woman.  She shoots again, but misses.  Evelyn kicks the gun out of her hand and stabs the knife though the woman's hand and into the wall.  She yells in pain.  Evelyn picks up the gun and puts it under the woman's jaw.  The woman stays up against the wall as she looks at the intruders glowing golden eyes.  Evelyn slowly takes the gun away from her victim, but then quickly hits her in the head with the gun and pulls the knife out.  If nobody finds her in here, she'll bleed out.

        Roughly ten minutes to get out.  She hurried down the stairwell.  She easily went out the front door.  Not long after she got out the lights came back on.  

        She made her way to Steve's  apartment.  She was unfamiliar with the building, so she went inside and found his flat.  She picked the lock and slowly opened it.  It was nearly four in the morning, he wouldn't be awake, least he shouldn't.  She closes the door softly.  She takes a look around to room, just to see what's around.  She slowly starts walking though the apartment making sure not to step or run into anything.

        She opened a door that she figured led to his room, nope, bathroom.  She left the door open and looked around again.  She spots another door and goes to it.  Its an apartment, not many doors, plus he lived alone.  She opened the door and saw him laying in the bed.  She took out her knife.  A gun would be too loud for everyone around.  She slowly walked over to him, thankfully the floor didn't creek like the door did when she opened it.  She covers his mouth and quickly stabs him.

        Steve automatically woke up from her hand, he had already stirred awake from the door, but thought nothing of it.  He saw the flash of the knife and put his arm out and caught her wrist.  He was laying in bed on his back while she was at the side of the bed.  He kicked a leg out hitting her in the stomach.  He kicked her hard enough to push her in the wall.

        Steve quickly got out of bed.  He had on shorts and a t-shirt.  He got a bit light headed from getting up so quickly.  Nearly ten minutes ago he had gotten a call from S.H.I.E.L.D. saying what happened, finding a few people dead and that the power had gotten cut off, so he had just gotten back in bed when she came in.  He looks at her with his hands out towards her.  "Evelyn, its me, Steve."

        She throws the knife at him.  He moves making it just miss his shoulder.  He looks back at her and she has a hand gun in her hand.  "Evelyn," he says softly.  He puts his hands up and slowly walks around the bed towards her.  She keeps the gun pointed at him.  "Its Steve.  Your partner.  You know me," he keeps his hands up slowly making his way to her.  He's surprised she has shot him yet.

        She feels a slight shock in her suit.  She winces from it.  "Evelyn Eberle.  Born October 24th, 1921.  One of the few women in the US Army," he took another step towards her, while she took a step away.  She wanted to ask him where he was getting all this from, but she knew better than to talk while on a mission.

        "Evelyn, let me help you.  I'm your partner.  Steve Rogers, Captain America," he tries reminding her.  He can tell that she knows some of this, or else she would have shot him by now.  She keep getting little shocks going though her body.  "Please Evelyn.  Put the gun down.  You know you don't want to shoot me."

        She couldn't just put the gun down.  She couldn't answer him.  Even if she shot him, she'd have to kill him with the shot, or else its over for her.  She's been slacking on her missions and Hyde won't deal with it for much longer.  She shows no emotion on her face, but if he truly knew her, she knew he could read whats going on in her eyes.

        Her assassin self tried blocking the old self.  She couldn't let that happen, not again.  She was fighting with herself in her head.

        Just pull the damn trigger!

        But, I know him.

        Its him or you!

        We went on missions together though.

        Just shoot him and it'll be over!

        She didn't even notice how close Steve got to her before he put his right hand on the gun, which made her snap out of her argument look up at his blue eyes.