CHAPTER 3 - a punishment

I sit in the chair of the silent office, across the desk from me was Max and Eric.
"Hello Alexa is it?" Max asks me sternly.
"Just Alex" I answer sharply, still in shock from what happened.
"Well Alex, would you care to explain what happened out there? And why you punched your trainer?" My shoulders stiffen as it doesn't quiet settle with me that my brother is being called 'my trainer'.

Before I can open my mouth to answer the door opens and Tobias walks in holding an ice pack to his face. I look back to the leaders as I feel Tobias near me. Eric looks at him with a light smirk on his face, almost amused.
"God Four a smack from a stiff did that much damage?" He jeers at him.
"Enough. Now would you care to explain what happened or will I have to ask Four here?" Max warns Eric before looking to me with Tobias hovering behind me.

"He's um-"
"I'm her brother" Tobias spits and I just look down.
"My god" is all Eric mumbles and Max is just staring.
"Why would you do that to your.. brother" Max says as if testing the word on his tongue, like he couldn't imagine him having a sibling.
"It's my fault. It won't happen again sir" Tobias states and Max just sighs.
"If you insist Four. But I'm sorry Alex rules are rules and you have just broken one. I'll have to think of a punishment for you. Nothing too severe but" max is cut off.
"She can train after hours with me for all of stage one" my brother insists and max almost agrees.
"Hey that's not a punishment, that's bonding time. She can train with me for the next 6 days" Eric smirks in fours direction causing him to clench his jaw.

"No way-" he argues.
"Hey that's my job to decide- yes you will be training with Eric for the two weeks, that's it. Four show her to the dorms." Max sounds bored as I stand from the chair I've been sitting in for the past hour.
Tobias opens the door and ushers me out. I follow him down a dark hallway not uttering one word to him.

After a few minutes we arrive at a wooden door which he opens. We walk inside and I see the room is full of rows of military style metal beds with thin sheets. The walls are a full grey with no windows and white lights.
"These are your dorms, bathrooms are across the hall. Everyone is at dinner. Training starts at 6:30 tomorrow morning and you get lunch at 12:00 for an hour. Your expected back in the training room for one and will train until 5:00. You can do whatever you want with your spare time." Tobias explains. I nod starting to head over to an empty bunk.

"Alexa can we talk about this please?" He starts and I snap my head around to look at him.
"It's just Alex and what is there to talk about Tobias" I spit his name like it is on fire. I have never been this hostile towards anyone before, it feels foreign.
"It's Four now. And we have plenty to catch up on" He says softer than what I just did. It doesn't calm me like I expect he intended to.
"What? Like the past two years of my life? Or the beatings? Or the marks?" I almost shout knowing the room is empty and not a single person nearby. He looks at his feet before looking up to me with sad eyes.
"I couldn't go back, I couldn't face him" Tobias says and my eyes widen.
"You know what your even more of a selfish coward than I thought." I say grabbing the stack of black clothes left on the bed.
"Alexa!" Four shouts after me but I run across into the bathroom and begin to quickly get dressed into the tank top and leggings and trainers. I don't feel like answering to him right now.

+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+

After retracing my steps from earlier I finally arrive at the dining hall. I walk inside of the loud room and look around at the many people. I see a hand waving at me and see it's Adam- the boy I met on the train.
I quickly start making my way over to him and see that he is sitting with a small group of people.
"Hey Alexa right?" He asks sporting a full tooth smile.
"Actually just Alex"
"Alex- I like that. Hey sit with us. This is Danny, jack and Jane" he makes room beside him and I sit down.

"So I heard you hit Four" one girl says, I think that's Jane.
"You heard about that?" I ask, instantly feeling my cheeks heat with embarrassment.
"Everyone's heard about it" Adam chimes in.
"I heard it was a good shot too" one of the boys says with a cheeky smile and a small wink. I'm fully sure I'm blushing now.
"Oh don't mind him. That's just jack being jack" the other boy says I'm guessing he must be Danny then.

I look up and see harry the erudite boy looking lost. "Hey! Harry. Come sit" I say catching his eyes. He is no longer wearing his thick glasses or pollo shirt and is now in a T-shirt and jeans.
He quickly makes his way over and slots in beside jack.
"Hey" I say and he smiles.
"What happened earlier?" He questions and I put my head into my hands.
"Is there anything else to talk about?" I pull a hamburger of the tray and onto a plate.
"Well sorry missy but your the one who hit the trainer. Why'd you do it anyways?" Adam asks and I just sigh picking at the meat.
"He's my brother" I quietly blurt and everyone gasps.

"Four is your brother? My god no wonder you gave such a good shot" Danny asks eyes wide.
"Ha ha very funny" I laugh sarcastically.
"Why did you hit your own brother?" Harry picks at his burger waiting for me to answer but I don't.
"Obviously he didn't send her a card last Christmas" Jane says jokingly and I laugh lightly.
"Well it doesn't mater I have to pay the price anyway" I sigh and they all look at me curiously.

"What's your punishment?" They start but as I'm about to answer I feel a knee at my back. "Training starts now stiff" a chilling voice comes from behind me. I don't even look back, I just stand up.
"See you guys later" I huff as I follow Eric out of the hall.