CHAPTER 11 - a hoodie

"Are you nervous to see your rank?" Adam asks while shoveling a mouthful of pasta into his mouth.
"Yeah a little uneasy, I just want to do well" I answer. Its coming to the end of dinner and then I will have to go back to the dorms to reveal my ranking.
"Yeah me too- wait Alex is that a boys jumper?"

-~-
Eric stops outside a door and pulls out a key. He unlocks it and walks inside beckoning me to follow.
I look around to see that the apartment is very large but clean. The white walls being a stark contrast to the navy carpets.
"Nice place" I compliment while doing a 360 spin to take it all in.
"Showers in there, towels are in the cabinet beside the sink."

I nod and make my way to his bathroom. I walk inside and lock the door.
Firstly I untie my shoes and my feet hit the cold tiles. I quickly strip myself of clothing and turn the shower on, grabbing a towel and hanging it over the glass barrier before flicking it on.

The water is hot on my bare skin as the blood that covered my hands pools at my feet. I sigh as I reach for his body wash. It's got a strong aftershave sent to it and I cuss under my breath realizing that's what I'm going to smell like.
Once I'm done I turn the shower off and begin to dry myself with the towel. Then I realize.

"Um Eric?" I shout as I walk up to the door.
"Yeah?" He falls from outside.
"I don't have any clean clothes" I hear his footsteps walk away from the door and then they come back. There is a light knock.
"I have some clothes you can borrow"
I hold the towel tightly opening the door and grabbing the clothes before closing it again.
"God no need to be so worried, not like I'm coming in there"

I ignore his words and look at what he has given me. There's a large hoodie and some sweatpants. I sigh heavily. There's no way I'm going to get away with out anyone noticing.
-~-

"Oooh who's hoodie is that eh?" Jack adds playfully and I just scold him.
"Don't you believe in equality?" I ask and he raises an eyebrow.
"Girls can shop in the boys section and vice versa"
"It's way too big on you though" he adds.
"You smell like a man too, you can't lie to us Alex!" Jane pitches in and I just put my head in my hands.

As if on queue Harry walks- more like limps- his way over to us and sits down.
"Harry my god am I glad to see you!" I say thankful for his arrival.
"Who's jumper is that?" He asks curiously and I just slam my head on the table in reaction.

+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+

Dauntless transfer rankings
1- Alex
2- Matthew
3- Theo
4- Oscar
5- Harry
6- Lucas
7- Sarah
8- Mark
9- Cian
10- Shania

I look at the chalkboard that has been hung up in our dorms in shock,
My name is at number one.
Harry runs up to me and hugs me.
"Your first!" He practically squeals.
"Your fifth that's great too!" I assure and he only shrugs.
"We should celebrate! Let's go get the others and-"
"I have training" I remind him and he just shakes his head.
"That's basically over now I'm sure he'd let you off"
"Not taking any chances" I reply as I back away out of the dorm harry scoffs.

I run down the corridor and stop when I arrive at the dining hall. I look around to see Eric sitting there with Carlyle.
"We've Training" I say catching my breath and Eric just shakes his head.
"That was just until the end of stage one- your training is over" he doesn't turn away from his food.

"I could use the he-"I begin to argue but he cuts me off.
"I said your training is over, just go back to your friends and go out and celebrate your rankings like a normal person" he spits and anger wells up inside of me.
I put my hand on his head and push his face into his piping hot bowl of pasta.
"Don't talk to me like that" I speak with a shaky voice.
He lifts his face up picking pieces of pasta from his cheeks.
"You've just earned yourself a whole stage two full of very late very painful training sessions"
My eyes widen at his dangerous tone.

"Eric isn't that your sweatshirt?" Carlyle cuts in and I turn beetroot pink.
"She showered at mine after taking her friend to the infirmary because she was bloody. And she had no spare clothes." Eric argues when he sees the menacing smirk Carlyle is wearing.
"Why didn't she just shower in the dorms like a normal girl?"
"Drop it Carlyle" Eric spits and he just rolls his eyes in response.
"You have the day off initiate we will train after hours tomorrow and when I say after hours I mean way after hours. Enjoy your free time while you have it" Eric warns and I just roll my eyes before quickly walking away to look for my friends.

Once I'm out of the hall I slow down and whistle lightly as I walk. I hear quick steps approaching behind me and I turn to see Tobias stood in my way.
"Hey" I smile at him and he just continues to stare at me.
"I saw that" he says and my eyes drop from his to my shoes.

"He made me angry!" I argue and he just puts his head in his hands.
"He's a Dauntless leader for Fuck sake Alexa he could have kicked you out!" He whisper shouts and I widen my eyes.
"Well Tobias I don't really feel like an argument right now as I've just come away from one so if you'll excuse me" I go to walk away and he places a light hand on my arm.
"Hey wait, sorry I didn't mean it that harshly I just worry about you." Tobias admits and I blush lightly.
"It's okay, well did you want anything else because I was just going to find my friends?" I ask he nods.
"Oh yeah I almost forgot to say I like your tattoo. I noticed it earlier today in the fights." I smile widely.
"Why thank you, they don't hurt that bad"
"Thats because yours is tiny, try a big one like this" Tobias turns around and pulls up his shirt at the back.

His back is covered in the faction symbols, they are stacked on top of each other going up his spine. There is a black design around them.
"Holy shit that's big" I widen my eyes as my brother pulls his shirt back down.
"It hurt like a bitch too" he smiles and I shrug my shoulders.
"I'll be adding to my collection soon anyways" I say with confidence.
"If your anything like me then yeah" he laughs and so do I.

"Anyways I'm going to go and find my friends but I'll catch up with you tomorrow" I assure him and I go to walk away until I hear Tobias sniff the air.
He walks closer to me and looks me up and down.
"Who's sweatshirt is that?" He raises his eyebrows and I take a deep breath.
"It's Eric's, after the fight he lent me his shower and some clothes because I was covered in blood." I explain and Tobias' face falls to a frown.
"You what?!?" Before I can get a word in he speaks again.
"He's really bad news Alex, don't get involved with him I'm telling you now" with that he walks away in one direction and I walk in the other.