Social Anxiety (Eric)

Eric Nam
Solo Artist
Angst (not really), Fluff (really)

Eric's Pov

God this tour was so fun , I thought as I started to get ready to go back home to Atlanta. I wonder if my brothers have even missed me haha. 

It is exactly 7pm yet it seems like no one is up. They won't answer my calls or anything. I get that my brothers are always sleeping but not even a text?

As all these thoughts were going through my head, I didnt even realise that I was at my front door.

All the lights were off and there was no sound to be heard causing me to sigh as I placed the key in the door.

Its crazy how they could forget tha--

My thoughts were quickly interrupted by a loud noise and a crowd of people screaming, "Surprise"

I looked around to see my family, friends, and a couple people i've never met before. It then clicked in my head that they threw a welcome home party for me.

"Aww you guys. Thank you so much!" I yelled to them all before giving out many hugs.

While everyone was drinking and talking, I noticed a girl who was sitting by herself looking really frantic and uneasy. I wonder who she is.

I made my way up to her before sitting down on the stairs with her. She turned her head to me before looking back down.

"Hey, I've never met you before and you look really nervous, are you alright?" I asked while holding a soft gaze so she would ease up.

"I-Im Eddie's friend. Sorry if I seem rude, it's just that parties aren't really my thing and neither are people. He wouldn't stop bugging me to come so I can meet you. I've heard a lot of your songs and they're really good-"

I chuckled lightly at her cuteness, interrupting her. She then groaned and played with her hair for a second.

"Sorry, I usually ramble when Im nervous. I'm not a people person if you can't tell already."

"How come?"

"Social anxiety. Gets the best of me sometimes. Sorry if I'm no fun." She lowered her head again before letting out a sigh. I placed a hand on her shoulder to try and comfort her.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I understand. Sometimes you just wanna sit home alone watching cartoons and eating junk food."

"Yeah you're right"

A little laugh left her causing me to also laugh.

"As long as you're here you have nothing to worry about everyone here is nice. Come on! Let's go try to dance, eat, and have fun. And if you're feeling too uncomfortable then we can just go to the movie room down stairs and watch cartoons and eat junk food. Same as before but together this time."

She smiled at me before grabbing my outstretched hand. As we started to have more fun she loosened up more and more. It made me happy to know that she was now having a good time.

And that's how I met the woman I cherish the most, my best friend. 

****

Hope you enjoyed KiddAwesome1. Sorry it took so long lmao