nine

chapter nine:-

stella's pov:-

we were now at karaoke nights, they were all sitting on a couch together, eating fries and waiting for me to finish my shift, while i was in the kitchen preparing people's orders.

it was really crowded outside, and i was running around the kitchen trying to prepare the orders faster, while ben, my partner, was just sitting on a chair while staring at his phone.

"will you help me?" i glared at him.

"i'm tired," he sighed.

"why did you come here then?"

"i don't wanna lose my job."

"and if you sit here, on your phone doing nothing, you won't lose it?"

he ignored me and continued tapping on his phone. i noticed that he was kind of upset, and i saw a tear rolling down his cheek. i grabbed a chair and sat next to him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"what's wrong?" i asked him.

"jenna broke up with me." he looked at me with tears in his eyes.

jenna is, or was, ben's girlfriend. they've been dating for three years and he loves her so much. he talks about her all the time. a few months ago, he told me that she was being distant, so he started buying her gifts to try to make her happy.

"she cheated on m-me.. with m-my best f-friend.." he was now crying.

i've never seen him cry before, and it really broke my heart. i bent down and hugged him tightly, slowly rubbing his back. we've been friends for a year, but he was like a brother to me.

he continued sobbing, and i tried not to cry because i hated seeing him like this.

"do you want to leave?" i asked, pulling away and placing a hand on his cheek rubbing his tears away.

"i can't.." he sniffled. "helen will fire me."

"don't worry, go home and i'll talk to her." i ruffled his hair.

"but i don't wanna leave you alone."

"don't worry about me." i smiled.

"thank you stella." he thanked me giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"call me if you need something, i'll come over today and hang out with you, okay?"

he nodded, picked up his phone and left the kitchen without changing into his normal shirt.

oh shit, the customers!

i started running around again, preparing orders, taking them to people and apologising to them for being late. thank god nobody was pissed.

i looked around, making sure i took everybody's orders. when i was done, i walked to helen's office and knocked on the door.

"come in!" i heard her yell.

i opened the door, walking in and smiling at her.

"what's up?" she asked.

"i'm here to tell you that ben had to leave because he felt sick," i said.

"it's okay, i hope he feels better."

i smiled at her and left her office, closing the door behind me.

walking to my friends' table, i sat down and let out a loud sigh.

"finally!" calum exclaimed. "i felt tired and i was just watching you work!"