thirty nine

chapter thirty nine:-

stella's pov:-

i was sitting in my living room, still dressed in my grey sweatpants but i changed into a black 5sos hoodie. emily and gabi were still here with me, and we were waiting, together, for the guys to be here.

we were on our way to the airport, but they asked us not to come and instead, they were going to drop their stuff at a hotel and come over. so, we were now waiting, and i was getting really nervous. gabi stood up and headed to the bathroom, so it was just emily and i now.

"don't be nervous." emily tried comforting me.

"it's been two months, em." i sighed. "i'm scared."

"why are you scared?" she asked. "he loves you, stella. he's been texting you for two months straight and he misses you. he's gonna be so happy when he sees you, and when you finally forgive him."

"he's probably gonna hate me." i said, while trying to stop my tears from falling. "i look like a mess, i've gained so much weight, and i'm a horrible person. i broke his heart."

"stella." emily turned to me. "first of all, you didn't break his heart. in the beginning, he deserved it, because he cheated. and no, you didn't gain weight and you don't look like a mess. you're beautiful, okay? he'll never hate you. he loves you so much, okay?"

i sighed, nodding my head and stared at the television. after what felt like hours, i finally heard a knock on the door.

"i'll get it."

emily walked to the door and opened it, she was immediately pushed inside by luke who pulled her into a tight hug. she hugged him back and i smiled at them.

how cute.

when gabi walked back to the living room and noticed the guys were here, she walked to calum and gave him a hug.

"aww, i feel alone now." ashton pouted. "stella, can i get a hug?"

i laughed, "of course."

we hugged and then he pulled away, smiling at me.

"i missed you so much!" he exclaimed.

"i've missed you too!" i grinned. "you're here now, we can hang out everyday!"

he started dancing happily and i just laughed at him.

we all exchanged hugs but then i noticed something.

"where's michael?" i asked, feeling confused.

"in the car, outside," calum answered.

"why?"

"he's practicing what he has to say to you." luke chuckled.

i smiled, "i'll go talk to him."

at least we're gonna be alone. i can talk to him and nobody would hear us. i walked out of the house and headed to the car. he was sitting inside, talking to himself while the driver was standing outside and waiting for him to be done. i greeted him with a smile and he gave me a small smile before turning around.

i knocked on the car's window and michael looked up, looking surprised. smiling at him, i slowly opened the door and he gave me space to sit down next to him.

"hi." he gave me a small smile.

he was still nervous. he still felt guilty.

"hello." i answered back, smiling at him.

"how are you?"

"happy," i answered honestly.

he looked confused for a second but i ignored it.

"what about you?" i asked him.

"i can do better."

none of us talked for a few minutes, until i turned around so i was now facing him.

"michael.."

i started but he interrupted, by pulling me into a hug. he hugged me so tight like i was going to leave him forever. i hugged him back, tears falling down my cheeks.

"i miss you so much, stella," he whispered.

we spent almost an entire minute just hugging, none of us said a word, we just hugged each other. after what seemed like five minutes, he pulled away and then pulled me in for a kiss. without hesitation, i kissed him back.

he slowly pulled away, his eyes still closed.

"i'm so sorry," he whispered.

"i forgive you, michael."

he opened his eyes, a huge smile forming on his lips and he looked so happy.

"yes, i love you so much!" he hugged me again.

i laughed, hugging him back. "i love you too."

"let's go inside, they're probably wondering why we took so long," michael said.

"yeah."

we got out of the car and the driver got in, driving away from my house. michael placed his arm around my shoulder and we walked in, with huge smiles on our faces.

as soon as they saw us, they all started clapping and screaming "finally!"

michael laughed, pulling me closer to him.

•••••