eighteen

chapter eighteen:-

stella's pov:-

*three weeks later//stella's birthday*

i woke up, feeling happy and sad. happy? because i turned eighteen. finally! and sad? because i wanted the boys to be here with me.

yesterday, they all tweeted pictures of me, saying happy birthday. and a lot of fans wished me too, which made me happy.

i was about to pick up my phone from the nightstand when i noticed a note and a starbucks drink. i picked up the note and read the messy handwriting.

happy birthday baby sister! sorry i couldn't stay, work sucks :/ anyways, we'll celebrate when i get back. here's your favorite starbucks drink for now. love you <3

i smiled, placing the note back on the nightstand and getting up. i quickly did my morning routine, got dressed in white jeans, a maroon crop top and maroon vans. picking up my phone and the starbucks cup, i took a sip, walking downstairs.

thank god it's a saturday!

i decided to text emily since i had nothing to do.

me: i'm ready!? are you coming??

yesterday, emily called me and told me to wake up early, get dressed and wait for her to come over. she said she wanted to have a 'girls hangout'.

emily: i'm outside.

taking the last sip from my drink, i threw the cup in the garbage and walked out of the house, locking the door.

"birthday girl!" emily ran to me, pulling me in a hug. "happy birthday!"

"thank you!" laughing, i hugged her back.

"where are we going? and what are we going to do?" i asked.

clapping her hands excitedly, she said, "we're going to the mall to buy clothes! a lot of clothes! and shoes. we'll see when we get there."

she pointed at her mother's car and we walked towards it. i got in the backseat while she sat in the passenger seat, next to her mom.

"happy birthday stella!" emily's mom, haley, smiled at me.

"thank you haley!" i answered.

calling her haley was still kind of weird, she hates it when people call her mrs. dallas.

she started driving the car and we reached the mall in just a few minutes.

"i'll pick you girls up in three hours." she waved at us.

we waved back as she drove away. we walked into the mall and emily dragged me into every single clothing store. she made me try on a lot of shirts, and dresses, even the ones i didn't like. and she forced me to buy four dresses. why? i have no idea. she said i'm gonna need them for "future parties."

two hours later, i was walking around with more than 10 shopping bags, filled with clothes that were mostly emily's choice, and not mine.

"can we stop now? i'm tired!" i groaned.

"just a few stores left." she smirked at me.

groaning, i followed her into five more stores.

•••••

"i can't believe we're finally back!" i exclaimed, throwing the shopping bags at her.

i took the house key out of my jeans' back pocket and unlocked the door.