ten

chapter ten:-

stella's pov:-

i woke up feeling confused. where am i?

i looked around for a few seconds and realised i was still at ben's place. and then i remembered us watching a movie together and me falling asleep.

did i tell sebastian?

i picked up my phone and unlocked it, looking for my brother's name and calling him.

"hello?" he greeted.

"hey," i answered. "did i call you yesterday?"

"you sent me a text saying you're staying at ben's."

"oh okay," i sighed.

"is something wrong?" he asked me.

"nope," i said. "i thought i didn't tell you, i got scared."

he laughed, "you told me, it's okay."

we said goodbye and hung up.

i didn't check my notifications. deciding to leave that for later, i walked into the bathroom, washed my face and tied my hair into a messy bun. i quickly changed back into my jeans but left ben's hoodie on because it was comfortable. i left my shirt and walked downstairs.

"hey mrs. winters." i smiled at ben's mom, who was cooking breakfast.

"hey sweetie!" she greeted, hugging me. "ben's waiting for you outside."

"what? why?" i asked confused.

"i don't know."

i hugged her, saying goodbye. putting my shoes back on, i walked outside and saw ben sitting in a car in the driver's seat, waving at me.

i got in next to him and closed the door.

"hey!"

"hello!" he said happily.

"where are we going?" i asked.

"check the date today!"

i took out my phone and looked at the date, smiling.

20 march.

"oh.."

"happy anniversary!" he shouted, hugging me.

i hugged him back smiling, "happy anniversary to you too."

last year, i had no idea who ben was. i was at mcdonalds getting myself a burger. and when i turned around, i bumped into someone and my food fell to the ground. that someone was ben. he insisted on getting me food again, and then sat down with me.

we exchanged numbers and we met the next day again. he took me to karaoke nights, and that's how i got my job.

"mcdonalds?" he asked me.

"let's go!"

he started driving and i decided to check my notifications now. finding a lot of texts from michael and thirty missed calls from him too, i decided to call him.

"hello?" i said through the phone.

"where the hell have you been!?" he yelled. "i called you like, a thousand times! i was worried!"

"i'm so sorry," i apologised. "i kind of fell asleep and i forgot to call you."

"you slept at ben's place?"

"yeah.. i accidentally fell asleep because i was really tired."

it was silent for a few seconds, i thought he hung up.