thirty seven

chapter thirty seven:-

stella's pov:-

it's been a month. a month since he cheated on me. i still couldn't get the image out of my head. he texted me everyday. he spent most of his time sending me apology letters every morning, explaining how bad he feels and that he regrets cheating, even though he wasn't sober, and telling me how much he loves me.

they made me smile, but i never answered. i wasn't ready to talk to him. but ashton, calum, luke and i are always talking. we have a group chat together, including emily and gabi. the guys always tell me that michael doesn't get enough sleep, he doesn't talk to them anymore, he just gives them short answers.

right now, i was at my maths class when my phone buzzed in my back pocket. i knew it was michael. i pulled it out quietly and opened the text.

michael: hi, stel. i know you're at school right now, but i just wanted to remind you that i love you so much, and i'll never stop loving you. i won't stop sending these texts until you talk to me again and forgive me. i know what i did was horrible, and i'm sorry. i love you. good luck with school <3

i smiled, placing the phone back in my pocket. i wanted to forgive him, i already knew that i would forgive him soon. but, i just couldn't give him my trust again. it won't be easy. he broke my trust once, and if someone does that to you once, they could do it again.

i continued writing down whatever was written on the white board, without paying attention. the only thing that was on my mind was michael.

•••••

"i tried solving this six times, it's always wrong, why!?"

gabi yelled, throwing away the papers. they flew everywhere in my living room.

"i can help you with that," i suggested.

"no, i give up, we'll do it later." she sighed. "anyway, i wanted to talk to you."

"about?"

"michael."

i groaned, "not again."

"don't you love him?" she asked me.

"of course i do!" i answered, without thinking about it.

i loved him. so much.

"give him a chance," she advised. "i'm not telling you to trust him again. let him work hard to gain it back."

"i'm just scared.." i pouted.

"i know, stel." she placed a hand on my shoulder. "but if you love someone, you have to forgive them. you know he didn't mean whatever he did, stel. if he did, he wouldn't have texted you. he loves you."

i was about to answer, but she continued.

"he texted you today, didn't he?"

i slowly nodded.

"that's because he loves you. don't you see it? it's been a month, and he never gave up. he's always texting you long paragraphs about how much he loves you."

i sighed, "yeah, you're right."

"i'm not forcing you to forgive him, okay?" she smiled at me. "take your time, think about it."

"i will."

"their tour is going to be over next month," gabi said. "and we get a one month holiday. i guess we could visit them or they could come here, and you can talk to him face to face instead of texting or calling him."

"yeah, i guess i'll wait."

•••••

a/n:-
this is too short i'm sorry, i'll try making the next one a little bit longer.