sixteen

a/n: sorry if i got the wrong time, i don't really know time zones between sydney and new york xD

chapter sixteen:-

stella's pov:-

it's been a week. a week without the boys. a week without michael. we facetimed everyday, but it wasn't enough. i wanted to be with all of them.

my birthday is in three weeks, and i didn't want to celebrate it alone. i wanted the boys to be here with us. selfish, i know.

sighing, i got out of my bed and started getting ready. i only closed my eyes for about an hour, and i couldn't sleep. i was too sad to sleep. i wore a black twenty one pilots tshirt, black ripped jeans and paired it with my black combat boots. all black, because i wasn't really in a good mood to get dressed in colorful clothes.

picking up my phone, i texted emily, asking her if she wanted to walk to school with me. she texted me back saying that she was already there, so i locked my phone, picked up my backpack and walked downstairs.

ugh, now i have to walk alone!

i quickly ran into the kitchen, picking up an apple and walking out of the house. i locked the door, and started walking to school while munching on the apple. i took my earphones out of my pocket and plugged it into my phone, going through my music playlist.

i clicked on fix you by coldplay. when it started playing, i smiled to myself. when this song was first released, i listened to it and immediately fell in love. i listened to it everyday, when i first woke up, when i was about to sleep and while i was studying. it always made me happy for some reason.

i stopped the songs as soon as i reached the school's gate. placing the phone in my back pocket, i walked in, heading to my locker. emily wasn't waiting there for me, so i guess she already went to her class.

i smiled when i remembered what she told me last week. luke asked her to be his girlfriend the same day michael asked me to be his girlfriend. so we both have the same anniversary, best friends goals!

after getting my books, i started walking to my class alone.

this is going to be a really boring day.

•••••

"what are you going to do for your birthday?" emily asked excitedly, eating a spoon of her cookie dough ice cream.

we decided to get some ice cream before going home.

sighing, i answered, "nothing."

"what? why?"

"i don't feel like throwing a party," i answered honestly. "i just wanna sit at home, on my bed, watch american horror story and eat a lot of ice cream."

"you can't be like this all the time!" she complained. "look, i know you're upset because you're not with michael right now. but i'm not with luke, too. i'm upset too, but you shouldn't let it affect you."

"i know," i sighed. "it's just so hard."

"i know, stel, i know." she smiled at me, placing her hand on mine. "but you have to be strong, at least you're meeting him soon. you just have to wait for one month."

we ate our ice cream in silence and when we were done, we both left the place together. i walked her to her house first, and started heading to mine.

i unlocked the door, but noticed that it was already unlocked. i opened it, slowly walking in.

"seb?" i called.

"kitchen!" he yelled.

i closed the door, taking off my shoes and walking into the kitchen. i stared at sebastian, who was shirtless, cooking god knows what. oh, and he was wearing an apron.

"what are you doing?" i laughed.

"what? i got home early, and i wanted to surprise you!" he smiled. "i'm making pizza!"

"pizza?" i looked at the tray with a raised eyebrow.

"yeah, it's your favorite!"

"seb, you burnt it." i laughed.

"no, don't look at this tray!" he pulled it away, throwing it in the trash can. "i know i burnt this one, so i made a different one."

"how sweet," i joked. "i'll go change."

before he could answer, i ran up to my room and locked the door. i looked at my phone, 4 pm. which means it's 7 am in australia, michael is going to facetime me in about an hour.

i decided to take a shower later, quickly changing into my pajamas, a mickey mouse crop top and black leggings, and ran downstairs to help sebastian.

"you done?" i asked, breathing heavily.

"it's in the oven." he smiled proudly.

we sat down on the chairs next to each other and talked about our days.

"school was boring, as always," i said. "emily and i got some ice cream after school. gabi and i still don't talk, sometimes we smile at each other at school, but nothing more."

"i actually liked gabi, she was a great best friend." he pouted. "i can't believe she did that to you."

"me too," i whispered. "how was your day?"

"fun and boring," he answered. "they're still trying to figure out who killed that old lady i told you about. it's been a month, and they still have no idea who did it."

"poor lady." i frowned.

soon, we heard a ding that came from the oven.

"lunch is ready!" sebastian exclaimed.

"idiot," i muttered.

he placed a plate in front of me with two slices of pizza on it, and it actually looked nice.

"good job seb, now we're gonna see what it tastes like."

we both picked up a slice and took a bite at the same time. i gave him a disgusted look while he was trying so hard not to throw up.

"wanna order some pizza?" he asked, his mouth still full of pizza and his face turning red.

"please." i groaned.

he grabbed his phone and called the restaurant while i walked back to my room. when i picked up my phone, it started ringing, michael's name appearing on the screen. i answered, smiling widely.

"good morning!" i greeted.

"morning babe." he answered, his voice sounding deeper than usual.

"just woke up?" i asked.

"yeah, i'm so tired." he groaned. "today's going to be a very long day."

"aww!" i pouted. "good luck!"

we talked for a few more minutes, about my day and what he was going to do today, and then hung up because he had to get ready.

i just hope he's not busy in 6 hours, 1 pm in sydney.

i decided to just text him instead of waiting.

me: if you're free at 10 pm (1 pm in sydney) pls call me. i miss you :(

locking my phone, i walked downstairs again and saw sebastian with a box of pizza on his lap and he already ate half of it.

"what the hell!?" i screamed.

"what? i called you, but you were too busy talking to you boyfriend!"

"whatever." i sat next to him, picking up the box from his lap and eating the rest of it.

when i was done, i washed my hands, got my books and sat down in front of the tv. i put on a random channel just for some background noise and started doing my maths homework.

•••••