twenty four

chapter twenty four:-

stella's pov:-

it's been two weeks. two weeks since the last time i talked to michael, and calum. calum texted me on the same day, telling me that mike will text me as soon as he can, but he never did. i texted luke, ashton, calum and michael. michael never answered, but the others told me to give him some time.

they never told me what was wrong, they just told me to wait. but i've been waiting for two weeks, i'm starting to think that he doesn't wanna be with me anymore.

i knew it.

i knew he'd get tired of me. i knew he'd find someone better than me.

i was too stupid to think he'd actually like me.

now, i'm here on the couch, wearing my gray sweatpants and a black hoodie, with my legs pressed to my chest, crying my eyes out.

why am i crying? i don't know. i knew this day would come.

sometimes, i just wish my parents were still here. they would've known how to comfort me. now, i'm just alone. i couldn't even pick up my phone to text sebastian and ask him to come over.

ten minutes later, my phone started buzzing, letting me know that someone's spamming me with messages. i've been ignoring everyone since yesterday. i guess i'll have to talk to someone at the end of the day.

i picked up my phone and looked at the text, they were all from ashton, calum and luke. i unlocked the phone and went to my messages app, feeling confused.

i clicked on the newest message i've received, its from a group chat. a group chat with luke, calum, ashton and i in it.

me: what's this?

calum: FINALLY!

ashton: OH GOD, YOU'RE ALIVE!

luke: YOU FINALLY ANSWERED!!

me: umm, yay??

ashton: we were worried! we've been texting you for a really long time!

me: sorry, i guess..

calum: what's wrong?

luke: you still upset?

me: of course i am!

i looked up for a minute, i was thinking if i should just let my feelings out or not. and soon, i started typing.

me: of course i am upset! i knew this would happen. i didn't want to fall for michael, or be in a relationship. because i knew that this day would come. i knew that one day, he'd just find someone else, and hate me. he'd ignore me or break up with me, because he's famous, he's traveling the world. i was sooo sure he'd find someone better than me!

at this point, i was a mess. i couldn't even see the texts properly because of my tears.

ashton: someone else who?

calum: i don't get this..

luke: and you guys call me stupid?

me: shut up, luke

ashton: stel, he'd never give up on you. he never found someone, he never even went out in the first place. we only finish our shows, and he'd walk back to his room in our tour bus and just stay on bed till the next show. michael loves you, stella. he's just upset.

wait, michael LOVES me? is this actually happening right now?

me: he loves me?

calum: yes, he does. he talks about you all the time, stella. he talks about you non-stop.

luke: and he's always staring at your pictures, it's actually starting to creep me out..

calum: SHUT UP LUKE

ashton: stella, he's only trying to stay away because he thinks that this will help him forget the distance. he thinks he can just forget that his girlfriend is on the other side of the world. instead of trying, he just gave up, because he thinks he's not strong enough for a long distance relationship. he thinks he's a "really bad boyfriend."

calum: we're trying to talk to him. we told him this isn't the right thing, and that he has to talk to you.

luke: don't worry, stella. we'll fix this, i promise.

me: i have no idea what to tell you guys...

me: i can't believe i thought he found somebody else...

me: thank you guys so much for helping me. you're the best. i love you so much.

i locked my phone and placed it on the table, smiling to myself.

michael loves me. i wish i could just go to him, hug him and tell him how i feel. that i'd never leave him.

a few minutes later, someone starting hitting the door really loud.

"what the hell!?" i yelled, standing up and walking to the door.

i opened the door and i was greeted with an angry looking emily. and gabi trying to calm her down.

"you really need to check your phone more often," emily said calmly.

"sorry," i apologized.

"talk to us, stella." emily said, walking into the house. "why are you upset?"

we sat on the couch and i told them everything. how i felt about michael, how i thought he hated me, and i showed them the group chat so they could read everything.

"i have an idea!" gabi screamed.

"ouch, my ears." i pouted, rubbing my right ear.

"we have a holiday next week, only next week. i have no idea why though," she said, looking confused. "but, we could pack our bags, go to.. the country that the guys will be visiting next week, which is god knows where. you could surprise michael!"

"that's brilliant!" emily smiled. "and you can tell him that you love him!"

"i'm not sure.." i mumbled.

"girl, you're in love, don't even deny it!" emily punched my shoulder playfully.

"come on, please!" gabi pouted. "he'll be happy!"

i thought about it for a minute, looking at the girls in front of me. should i give it a try? what if he doesn't want to see me?

enough with the negative thoughts, stella! he loves you. just do what they said.

sighing, i said, "fine, i'll do it."

•••••