Chapter Nine

The agent couldn't keep his eyes away from the gorgeous woman working the bar, he couldn't believe it was her.

Small world.

He thought to himself as Jimin ushered them inside after meeting him at the entrance and explaining the situation.

"Tae, you listening?" Jimin motioned for him to sit down before taking the seat opposite.

"That's the girl, you sure that's her?" Tae asked, still not believing it was the very girl who he kept telling himself to forget.

"Yeah, that's her. Why? Do you know her?"

"No, just wanted to make sure." Taehyung lied, last thing he wanted was Jimin teasing him.

"I just need you to distract her long enough for me to complete the mission, it seems she doesn't like me." Jimin never got rejected, the fact this woman did so easily didn't sit right with him but Taehyung couldn't be happier.

She's different, he likes different.

Taehyung was lost in his thoughts when Jimin called over to the clearly drunk heiress, suddenly she was sitting across his lap and Taehyung flinched.

"Hey there, what's your name?" She giggled, looking down at the agent.

Too much makeup
Too much perfume
Too eager

Taehyung could agree that she was attractive but she definitely wasn't his type, not to mention the fact she was supposed to be here with Jimin yet decided to throw herself across his lap. Too desperate

"Hey." He forced a smile and gently moved her off his lap.

"You're not gay are you?" 

Taehyung cocked a brow and couldn't help but laugh at her ridiculous statement, not that there's anything wrong with being gay....it was the fact she jumped to that conclusion because he wasn't instantly falling for her looks.

"No, I'm very much straight." Taehyung glanced over at the bar,  breath getting caught when Y/N's eyes met his. 

"Oh, I see you've taken a liking to my friend." Her long nails traced along his thigh, did this woman have no shame.

"Yes actually, women with a classical elegance to them and self respect for themselves have always attracted me." Taehyung could see the way Jimin scowled at him for that comment but he didn't care, last thing he wanted was for Y/N to see this little interaction and think he was interested in her friend.  

"Rude much....." The heiress stuck out her bottom lip before moving across to Jimin.

"Sorry about my friend beautiful, he's just having a bad day." Jimin cooed, playfully nibbling along the curve of her neck which seemed to instantly cheer her up.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, trying his best not to keep looking over at the bar as he didn't want to scare Y/N away before they even had the chance to meet.

It wasn't ideal, part of him desperately wanted to meet her and get to know the kind of person she was but then the other part of him knew that he wouldn't be able to let go after. He couldn't keep her, she would never be his.

"Vincent.....YAH VINCENT!" Taehyung gave his attention back to Jimin, remembering the name he decided to use for tonight.

"Vincent?" The drunk heiress chuckled.   

"My mother was a fan of the artist." Taehyung narrowed his eyes at the desperate woman, she probably didn't even know which Vincent he was talking about.

"What artist?" Her brow furrowed and his eyes rolled, exactly as he expected she wasn't even cultured.

"Vincent Van Gogh." Taehyung stated, very matter of fact.

"Never heard of the guy, has he done any movies or been on TV recently?"

Taehyung couldn't help his reaction, eyes growing wide with disbelief.

"Vincent....behave." Jimin warned but it was too late and Taehyung couldn't be around this woman a moment longer.

"Excuse me, I desperately need a drink." He excused himself with a forced smile and quickly approached the bar.

"You okay?" It was her voice, completely breaking his foul mood.

"Please tell me you know who   Vincent Van Gogh is....." He looked up, heart skipping several beats.....she was so beautiful.

"Starry Night Over the Rhône and The Yellow House were always my two favourite pieces." Y/N smiled and his heart stopped

She knew about one of his favourite artists

She had a beautiful smile

He was in trouble

"I'm Vincent." He smiled, offering his hand.

"Y/N

"Y/N." She blushed, taking his hand.

Yeah, he was in serious trouble.