Chapter Twenty Three

"I think you should be able to find all the information you require here, if you need further assistance just let me know." 

Jungkook instantly picked up on her mood change, why was she now acting so indifferent? The assassin didn't like it, fate had finally thown them together again and yet this wasn't the meeting he expected.

"I appreciate your help." Jungkook didn't really know what else to say, he wasn't good at conversation or people in general which is why the role of assassin suited him.

"I hope you find what you're looking for." Jungkook watched with a furrowed brow as she turned to walk away, did he really want that? If she walked away now he would never get a chance to speak with her again or get to know the kind of person she was? Jungkook knew he was taking a huge risk, the organization wouldn't approve of him spending time with her but what they didn't know wouldn't hurt them right? Jungkook was smart, he could find a way to spend time with Y/N without alerting anyone to the fact.

What if this was the girl Jimin was talking about? What if she was the one he slept with?

Jungkook immediately felt his blood boil, if Park Jimin had put his penis anywhere near this girl the assassin would castrate him. 

"Does Cole still work here?" Jungkook questioned before she could leave, at least getting information for the mission would mean they could spend more time together. 

"Yeah, he's working today actually. How do you know Cole?"

"I know his boyfriend."

"You know Adrian?"

"Well, not exactly. I've got a friend who knows Adrian, said his boyfriend Cole works here."

Jungkook didn't miss the way she scowled at the mention of his name, was there bad blood between them?

"I get the feeling you don't like Adrian."

"Adrian fucks around and my naive friend doesn't want to acknowledge the truth, he refuses to see sense."

"It's what happens when someone cares deeply for a person, they want to believe they're the one who can change them." Jungkook wasn't sure where that came from, he wasn't usually the type to offer advice.

"How much do you charge for your words of wisdom?"

"Coffee and maybe cake, totally depends on my mood at the time." Jungkook was surprised by his own confidence but the chance to maybe see her again was too good to pass up.

"So maybe we should have coffee together, you've listened to my words of wisdom so it's only fair right?"

Y/N couldn't believe how brazen this guy was, to look at him you wouldn't expect such confidence but maybe sexy Korean Clark Kent wasn't all he appeared to be.

You shouldn't be doing this.

Remember what happened with Vincent.

Y/N knew she shouldn't get involved with this guy, the last time she did something spontaneous it didn't end well but there was something about him that intrigued her. It's only coffee and cake, it doesn't need to be anything more.

"I'm on my break soon, you can keep me from killing Adrian by joining the three of us for lunch."

Jungkook couldn't believe his luck, he gets to spend more time with Y/N plus help Jimin out with the mission.

"If coffee and cake is included then you've got yourself a deal, where do you guys usually meet for lunch?"

"There's a Starbucks just around the corner, meet us inside in about thirty minutes?" Jungkook didn't miss the way she toyed with the fabric of her shirt, she was nervous......so fucking adorable.

"Okay, see you then." The smile he sent her way briefly rendered her speechless, he really was gorgeous.

"I don't even know your name." Y/N couldn't help but laugh, she was flirting with this guy and asking him to meet her for lunch yet didn't even know his name.....way to go Y/N.

"It's Jungkook." The assassin felt his stomach drop, why the hell did he give her his real name? It was reckless and dangerous, why didn't he give a fake one?   

"I'm Y/N by the way."

"I know." Jungkook wanted to say but obviously couldn't, what a way to freak her out.

"Oh yeah I already know who you are, we met before after you threw coffee all over my jacket and I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since."

Yeah that wasn't happening.

Jungkook instead smiled, watching as she walked away.

What the hell had he just done.