Chapter Fifty One

Location: Organisation HQ.

"Tell me you have good news Danvers." Vivienne leans back in her chair as she picks up the phone, the cigarette between her lips steadily burning down as she inhales.

"We still don't have prototype 457, it seems the team aren't willing to cooperate and now they've gone AWOL but we'll have the situation under control soon enough." Danvers tries to play it cool, tone one of mock nonchalance but Vivienne can see right through it.

"So you're telling me that you sent your best agents to bring in a team with less experience yet they failed."

"I wouldn't say failed."

"Then what would you say? It seems to me like you underestimated Namjoon's team, that your agents got cocky and that cost them the chance to apprehend the prototype. I'll be extremely disappointed if you also failed to bring in 7, especially when I expressed the importance of that particular retrieval."

There's a pause from Danvers.

"Prototype 7 managed to escape."

"So let me get this straight, the prototype which was stolen from us, the one we've been searching years for was within our grasp and you failed to apprehend it?" Vivienne clenches her fist.

"It's proving to be a difficult task, the group who originally took prototype 7 wiped the memory bank and most likely replaced it with a new one. It wouldn't surprise me if the group also put a block in place to prevent the prototype from ever discovering their own identity."

"I already know this information Danvers, telling me for a second time doesn't change the fact you lost us this opportunity to apprehend 7. The moment we detected that huge surge of energy in Seoul we knew it was 7, we knew it was still out there and you were given the task in tracking the source down and apprehending the target. It was an easy job Danvers, one you continue to fail me on."

"The group of scientists who betrayed us all those years ago were some of the best we had, you know this and you know what they're capable of achieving. The 7 prototype wasn't finished, it was a blank canvas and so we have no idea what face they gave to it. I gave my team our most advanced technology, technology designed to locate a hybrid android but even with this technology we couldn't find a thing. I don't know what the group did to hide 7 from us but whatever they did do, it's beyond the technology we currently possess."

"If their technology is so beyond our own then why did we pick up on that spike in energy?" Vivienne drums her manicured nails across the desk, irritation growing with the lack of progress.

"I don't know, something must have happened to 7 which caused the current programming to glitch."

"So there's a possibility that glitch won't occur again?"

"That's correct." Danvers voice wavers.

"So you failed me, the one opportunity you had and you squandered it. I've got investors clawing at my back, demanding to know what their millions have purchased and for years now I've managed to keep them appeased with our smaller projects but now they're getting restless and they want to know about prototype 7, the prototype we promised them but then subsequently lost. Do you know what would happen if they found out that five of our own people betrayed us, took 7 and we still haven't LOCATED THEM!" Vivienne snaps, chair flying back as she stands.

"I'm sorry Vivienne, I know that this isn't a good situation for us to be in."

"This is a fucking diabolical situation for us to be in! I've got a group of seven elite soldiers, one of which is prototype 457 turning against us. I've got a civilian female who for some reason has gotten far too involved and now needs to be disposed of and now you're telling me we've probably wasted the only opportunity we had at finding 7!"

"I promise you that my team is working on it, they won't you down."

"They've already let me down! They couldn't even kill the civilian! These are supposed to be our top agents, you picked them for that very reason."

"I wasn't expecting Namjoon and his team to betray us, didn't think they would act so recklessly which is why it made apprehending the civilian and 457 so difficult. I'm asking for one last chance, let me prove to you that we can do this."

Vivienne sits back down, stubbing out her cigarette.

"I don't give many chances Danvers, you've been working for me long enough to know this."

"I can do this, all my best people are currently working on tracking down Namjoon and his team."

"I'll give you two days, if you haven't made progress during that time you don't even want to know what the consequences will be. Is that clear Danvers?"

"Perfectly."

((I've been so excited about this chapter, it's a short one but detrimental to the progress of the story. I can't wait to see what you guys think, please leave your thoughts as always. Next chapter will be focusing on Y/N and Tae, Hoseok too 🥰💜 hope everyone is doing okay, love you all and yes Vivienne is the Governor if you remember Namjoon taking about the Governor with Wooyoung. She's basically the head honcho, not a very nice person and someone who will be making more appearances in future chapters. Also the scientists mentioned, the ones who betrayed the organisation and stole prototype 7, you'll also meet them in future chapters to and find out more about what happened so don't worry, all questions will be answered. So what do you think about 7? Any thoughts? 👀💜))

Vivienne ~