Chapter Twenty Seven

"Taehyung what the hell were you thinking?" Yoongi growled out as he pulled his younger teammate up the final flight of stairs.

"I was thinking that we had a perfectly good lead and that we should at least check it out." He grumbled back, face twisting in agony.

"I told you to stay in position, the warehouse was heavily guarded but you didn't fucking listen and now you're injured." Yoongi was beyond furious as he opened the door, boots caked with dirt and specks of blood hitting the wooden floor as the two stumbled over the threshold.

" Yoongi was beyond furious as he opened the door, boots caked with dirt and specks of blood hitting the wooden floor as the two stumbled over the threshold

The two agents were currently staying near the arrondissement called Opéra, located on the right bank of the River Seine.

It was primarily a business area with few residential streets, busy and somewhat seedy, not exactly a prestigious address but it did provide easy access to the city centre and kept them away from prying eyes which was exactly what they wanted.

Since arriving the younger agent had been easily distracted and it didn't take a genius to figure out why.

Taehyung still wasn't over her, he couldn't let go and Yoongi didn't know what else he could do.

It was obvious he was missing Y/N, most nights he would sit by the window in his bedroom overlooking the Les Passerelles, dark eyes searching for something which was thousands of miles away.

During the day he was reckless, making mistakes that could cost them the mission and now this.

"You're angry aren't you?" Taehyung groaned out as Yoongi dropped him down on the couch.

"Whatever makes you think that." Yoongi responded sarcastically.

The younger agent chuckled, head falling back against the armrest as Yoongi grabbed all the supplies he needed.

"I just want to go home hyung." His eyes were heavy, body and mind totally exhausted.

"We don't get that luxury Taehyung, we don't get to decide when the mission is over. I've never been so fucking scared, you weren't responding. I thought you were fucking dead Taehyung, never put me in that situation again."

Yoongi used a small pair of scissors to cut away the fabric of Taehyung's shirt, gently the older agent pulled back the two sides to closely inspect the wound.

"Jesus Tae, you've got a nasty laceration. It's more than half an inch deep, you're lucky it missed anything major."

Yoongi got to work immediately, the last thing he wanted was Taehyung bleeding out on him.

"This won't be pleasant, take a deep breath." Yoongi warned, giving Taehyung a few moments to prepare himself.

After cleaning the area, Yoongi then closed the wound with several stitches.

"Fuck." Taehyung clenched his jaw, eyes squeezing shut.

The pain had an unpleasant warmth to it, eating away at his stomach. Then the nausea strikes, just enough to make him hold onto the couch for support and slow his breathing.

"I'm almost done." Yoongi used a bandage to cover the wound, trembling fingers now gathering up his supplies.

"I'm sorry hyung, didn't mean to frighten you." Taehyung whispered, chest steadily rising and falling as he watched the older agent approach the kitchen.

"I never want to experience anything like that again, what you did was completely reckless."

"I'm sorry hyung." Taehyung's voice broke and Yoongi paused, staring at his hands as the water rushed over them.

"I don't know what else to do Taehyung, tell me why you acted so recklessly."

"I'm really tired.....tired of living this life. I had somewhat grown to tolerate it but then everything changed after sharing that night with Y/N, you probably think it's ridiculous right? I don't even know her, how can feelings grow from one night together." Taehyung coughed, growling immediately after as pain surged through him.

"I don't think you're ridiculous." Yoongi finished washing his hands, searching the kitchen for something to dry them with.

"I've felt numb my entire life, never yearning for anything or anyone. I spend one night with her and she makes me feel alive, she gives me hope that maybe a fucked up guy like me can have something more....can be something more. I don't want to feel numb anymore hyung, please don't ask me to stay away from her because I can't."

Yoongi braced himself against the counter, remembering the way Lilly made him feel.

Fuck he missed her.

Taehyung finally succumbed to exhaustion, never getting a reply from the older agent who finally turned around to watch the younger one sleep.

"I'm so sorry Taehyung." Yoongi whispered.

I'm tired of this life too.