Chapter Twenty Four

"Okay, let me get this straight." Cole appeared in the locker room doorway wearing a fresh shirt and ripped  jeans, golden hair swept back revealing striking features.

"Get what straight?" Y/N applied some cherry lip balm and ran a brush through her hair, normally she wouldn't bother but they were going to lunch with sexy Korean boy from the library so a little extra effort to look presentable wouldn't hurt.

"You invited some random guy to eat lunch with us?"

Y/N furrowed her brow as she turned to face her friend.

Cole was now inside the room, black leather jacket draped over his forearm as he watched his best friend with a playful smirk

"I don't know how it happened, we were just talking and somehow it ended up with me asking him to join us."

"Sure that's wise after what happened with the last random guy you met?"

The last person she needed reminding  of was Vincent, that night was still a sensitive subject to bring up and Cole was well aware of that but she understood that he was just looking out for her.

"Cole it's fine, that's a mistake I won't be making again."

"I just don't want to see you like that again, you were dejected for days after and it was horrible to see you so down. I'm used to always getting to see my Y/N smile, it brightens my day. I'm a grumpy gay you know this, you're the only person who makes me actually look forward to my day."

Y/N chuckled as he approached to press a gentle kiss to her forehead, if it wasn't for Cole she wouldn't have made it through so many difficult times life had thrown her way.

"I know, it was stupid of me to get so upset over a one night stand."

"It wasn't stupid, we all eventually experience a one night stand and what it entails. It's a love or hate thing, you either do it the first time and enjoy it or come to the understanding  that it's just not for you."

"It's definitely not for me, it's not something that'll ever happen again."

"I just want you to be happy princess, take things slow and don't make my mistakes." Cole wasn't the best person to give advice on relationships, she loved him dearly but his choice in men was questionable at best.

"Speaking of mistakes will Adrian be joining us?"

Cole rolled his eyes, watching as Y/N gathered her things from the assigned locker. It was obvious she wasn't the biggest fan of his new boyfriend and that was understandable, Adrian hadn't exactly been faithful but Cole cared for him and wanted to try and make it work.

"Relationships are difficult princess, it's not all about roses and sweet words, sometimes people make mistakes and we've got the option to either work through the dark times or give up. I know Adrian has made mistakes, he's been a dick and hurt me countless times but he's not a bad guy. He didn't exactly have the best role models growing up, he's messed up and needs someone to not give up on him like everyone else has done."

Y/N shook her head, it didn't matter how messed up Adrian was because nothing excused cheating.

"I understand he's going through a difficult time but that doesn't excuse his actions, you've done so much for him and if he truly loved you then he wouldn't keep doing this."

"I'm not having this conversation again princess, I love you and understand that you're just looking out for me but there's more to my relationship with Adrian that not everyone gets to see. I know he's made mistakes but there's also a gentle side to him, a side that not many people get to see. It's not so simple, it's not so black and white and I hope one day you'll come to understand that and accept my love for him."

"How can you love someone who doesn't respect you enough to be loyal?"

Cole winced, her words were harsh but accurate.

"It takes lots of patience and understanding, please can we stop talking about this and go find your date? I'm sure he's waiting for us, wouldn't want to leave him there alone."

Y/N admitted defeat for now, she knew talking about Adrian wasn't going to go down well but no matter how hard she tried to like him she couldn't forgive his actions.

"Fine, I'll get along with him today but that doesn't mean he's forgiven for what he's put you through." 

"I wouldn't expect anything less from you princess." Cole chuckled as he draped an arm over her shoulder and escorted them both out to the local Starbucks.

"So tell me about this guy, what does he look like?" Cole cocked a brow quizzically as he slipped his shades on, the looks he got from both men and women didn't surprise Y/N, she was well aware of how attractive her friend was add to that his multiple tattoos and you've got instant sex appeal.

"You're not going to believe this but he's Korean."

Cole threw his head back and laughed, she knew exactly what he was going to say before the words even left his mouth.

"It's obvious you've got a type princess, what's his name?"

"Jungkook, he's different from Vincent."

"In what way is he different?"

"Vincent was confident, the epitome of masculinity with his deep voice and striking features but Jungkook has this innocence to him which is refreshing but there's a mysterious air to him which intrigues me."

Cole lowered the shades down, his eyes playful and tone accompanied by a teasing lilt.

"Intrigues you huh?"

"I knew you would just laugh at me." Y/N rolled her eyes as she playfully punched his arm.

"I love you really plus deep down you adore my teasing."

Y/N couldn't deny that, their friendship survived because they understood the need for banter. It wasn't truly a great friendship if you couldn't tease constantly and drop perfectly timed memes, what kind of friendship could survive with anything less.

"Fuck me sideways.....is that your sexy Korean?" Cole suddenly stopped as they approached the crossing for Starbucks and Y/N followed the direction of his pointed ringed finger.

Y/N suddenly lost the ability to form a coherent sentence, Jungkook was indeed waiting outside the busy Starbucks as he looked over the specials menu.

"Yeah

"Yeah.....that's him."

Cole spun Y/N around to face him, slender fingers running through her hair as he attempted to tame the windswept waves.

"I didn't expect him to look like that......my non-existent vagina is weeping right now."

"COLE!" Y/N laughed as she gently pushed him, when the powers that be decided to create her friend they most certainly forgot about the filter that connected his dirty mind and equally dirty mouth.

He was right though.

Jungkook was gorgeous and for the first time in days she forgot about what happened with Vincent.