Chapter Sixty One

Taehyung took a quick detour to the bathroom to splash some water on his face and attempt to compose himself after the altercation with Jimin

Was there some truth in what Jimin was saying?

Was there something about Y/N that couldn't be trusted?

Was he simply allowing himself to become obsessed with her?

It's true that his infatuation with her hit fast and ran deep but it wasn't like he could have what you would call a normal relationship.

Who he was.

What he did.

Nothing about his world was ordinary.

Taehyung thinks back to that day they met, yes he felt an instant physical attraction to her but what caused him to become so attached?

Why did he do a background check on her when he got back to the warehouse that night?

Why did he do regular checks to see what she was doing and how she was?

Why did he feel this overpowering urge to keep her protected? To stand by her side?

Jimin was right, they may have spent the night together and shared a few things but she doesn't truly know him just like he doesn't truly know her.

So why is he so willing to overlook that?

Why does his desire to keep her protected keep his doubts shrouded in darkness.

He doesn't understand why he's starting to question things now, why not before? Why did it take a falling out with Jimin to see what was blatantly there all along?

It wasn't just him either, Jungkook was infatuated too.

Why? What was it about Y/N that had their team falling apart?

He rarely fought with Jimin and he hated the way it made him feel.

Yet he trusted Y/N, he wasn't sure why he felt so strongly about her innocence but he just....did.