Chapter 3- The Mask, Unmasked

I park my car in the garage of my huge mansion? Castle? Palace? You could call it anything except home. It's a huge place where only two or at max three people live in. My parent's bother to show their faces only twice a year apart from the usual "business" parties, which I obviously don't attend unless forced.

This place was huge. It had an extravagant garden, a huge basement that had a theatre, game room, music room and spa in it and a huge garage with all the type of expensive cars lined up. You ask it, we have it. I make my way inside through the huge glass door that cost a fortune but nothing to my parent's obviously. My butler bows at me, as I make my way inside. And despite the number of times I requested them not to, my words rang like Latin music in their ears. Completely out of intellectual understanding.

Soft music played from somewhere across the hall giving the lively vibe which this place obviously lacked, the small hanging's of the golden chandeliers collided against each other, playing a soft music midst itself, the fragrant of aquamarine air freshener filled the atmosphere and the aroma of freshly cooked food was like a cherry on top. The bright majestic aqua hall lit under the bright LED lights, but entirely empty with no life. The walls are painted a beautiful shade of ocean blue, giving it a royal view. My mom was a huge fan of the colour blue and all the shades that fell under its category. She was one of those typically sophisticated women, who walked and puked nothing but brands and money. The French glass, furnished sofas, hand made curtains and expensive texture of everything that belonged under the roof would mesmerize a person. Everything was available here, from a bowling alley to a theatre. It was built with all the comforts one could ask for. Except, love.

"How was your day T?" My nana asks. She is the one who brought us all up. Even Tobias, my youngest brother until he was sent off to boarding school for his own welfare. Col never accepted her wholly as a family or even a mother, instead grew more bitter day by day, whilst me, I gave her all the motherly love I could. She is my mother, father, guardian, best friend everything. God was merciful enough to bless me with another woman who cared for a stranger more than his own birth mother, then why not? She had no children and neither a husband of her own, she devoted her entire youth and adulthood taking care of the Gonzales children. And in return, I and Tobias became the son she never had. I know Col cared for her too, even though he lacked to show it, he did. After all, she was his favourite.

I remember how he came sprinting like Shazam when Alice, our nana had accidentally sliced her little finger. Although Colton had suffered through a hamstring injury, he came racing the very second she cried in agony.

"It was good, mum. How was your day?" I ask, kissing her cheek.

"It was good. Go freshen up. I'll serve you dinner." I just nod at her walking towards my room.

All I could think was about today's disastrous events. The most unexpected events. Abigail trying to kiss me, seduce me, get me to bed. What was it all about? Why was she so desperate?
Did I do the right thing by pushing her away?? Will she leave me in peace for rejecting her?? I literally doubt it. Just then a notification pinged in my phone, indicating pop up of a message. I suppose I asked questions a bit too soon.

Unknown number:
You took the worst decision of your life Gonzalez. You're gonna regret it so bad that you wished you were never born. You rejected Abigail Paige McCarthy. You messed up high time. See you soon.. - Abby.

Never have I ever thought, numerals would freak me out. I look at the number with wide eyes and trembling hands. My eyes almost pop out like freaking flying UFOs. Mother of brownie cookies!!! What have I gotten myself into?

I got enough money, why not go under plastic surgery? That's less painful than the slow death she has planned.

Ping!! Another message rings but this time not from Abigail, thankfully.