Chapter 17- Only if I knew........

A/N- This is a short chapter as well as a filler. I wanted to end it this way, with a hint of mystery. And also wanted to write the next chapter, about something else completely.

I'm sorry though, I know I ain't updating regularly. I have a 10 hours job, plus house responsibilities and blah blah!

Thanks for the support!

Don't forget to VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE
(Please!!!!!!!!)

This is a Hindi quote, but it really suits here.

《《 "Sometimes to win you must be prepared to lose .... and the one who ends up winning the end game is called a maverick."》》

♥️

I sighed, putting on a thin-lipped smile. I was disappointed, as well as hurt at the same time, but she wasn't wrong either. "It's okay. I understand, not your fault."

May be hurt because, I expected her to be different, somewhere I knew she wouldn't run away.

As the saying goes,
people don't hurt.... expectations do..

"Oii, no-no. That's not what I meant." She stopped me, making me take a sharp turn in surprise and ecstasy.

And I'm on the ground now, but flat.

Great!

I was completely taken into intense hyper mode, like someone on a sugar rush.

She didn't mean it!! Yay me! I'm not a loser!

It's okay to celebrate, but not live under fake assumptions.

Aren't you me? Then be happy?

No! I'm you! Another voice spoke.

Wait, what?!

Abby chuckled lightly, offering me a hand to pull me up both from the ground and with an intense confusion amidst me, my conscience and...... inner me??

I throw a sheepish embarrassed grin, definitely not expecting me to get all so hyper.

I looked at her hopefully, waiting for her reply. My palms were sweating with perspiration, whilst my throat felt try.

Nice time to swap locations in my body, fluids!

"I shook my head at your innocence, not because I wouldn't hang out with you anymore." She laughed, taking me by surprise. "Surely, your little truth astonished me, but your cuteness overpowered the danger. And after all, I'm sure you can be no harm to the undefeated champion, Paige."

Her confidence was enough to damage my man ego.

You got one?

Trystan, maybe not. But Vincenzo does.

"Try me." The words sprouting out of my mouth before I could even chain them to an aeroplane wheel and sent them off to Bermuda.

Welcome, trouble!

"What?!"

Challenging an undefeated champion, that too by that person who has not entered a gym for 4 years.

Definitely, a death wish in itself.

I nodded my head vigorously and confidently.

Okay, I swear that's not me. It's a spirit!

"Are you sure?" She asked a bit puzzled herself.

If it was MEG here right now, I so knee the words she would divulge now.

"Are you scared?"

What the fruiting nuts are wrong with you??

I don't know!! But, did I say that out loud?

Abby immediately stood in defence mode, obviously challenging my taunt. "You just challenged the wrong person, strawberry. C'mon show me, what have you got there."

So I did.

What did I get myself into?! I whined and panicked mentally.

It's a criminal offence to fight against someone who has not even glanced at a punching bag in four years!!!

I stare back and fro at her, not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing right now. For some reason, I felt adrenaline charge inside me, filling me up with immense energy and passion.

A part of me screams, fight! Fight! Fight!

Whilst another part of me dragged me back to square one. Chanting it like a broken recorder inside my head, remember why did you drop it in the first place!

And suddenly, out of nowhere, it happened.

I throw a sharp, yet light kick but slightly powerful kick on her knee, taking her off guard.

My dad had always told me this.

Look in the opponent's eye and attack in the place he is least expecting to.

"Ouch." Abigail grunted, catching her knee with one hand, and balancing herself against the ground with another.

"Oh no! Are you okay?? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to. I-

And with one swift move, she turned my left hand and threw me over on the ground like a pro, grunting in pain.

Daym! That was some good old cheating trick!

Girls, I tell you.

I scowled at her. "That was cheating, missy."

"Everything is fair when you aim to win ." She whispered in my ear, confidence and venom, filled in her ambience.

I don't know why, but the phrase felt awfully familiar. Probably a famous one, I guess.

"Okay! Okay! You win!" I surrender my hands in the air, making her do an arrogant and cocky hair flip.

"But I must admit, that was a good trick and really good kick though. I know you didn't kick really hard, but it stung." Abby admitted, making me pat myself mentally.

Four years have gone, and I'm still not that bad.

"I was supposed to inherit Martinor Mafias. But due to some unfortunate incidents, I had to drop that plan and also the training. Back then, I was regularly trained, given lessons and taught how to shoot guns."

"You know how to shoot?'' She asked, completely astonished once again. I nodded at her, proud of myself for some unknown reason.

Despite being a 13 year old back then, I was a veracious and really propitious shooter. I was as good as a sniper, although everything changed after that day.

I was glad Abby didn't push the 'unfortunate' incident thing and let it brush off.

Opening about her was a gate that need not be opened! The pain and wound were still fresh and the scars were yet to heal.

Abby looked at me, calculating something inside her tiny wity head. She looked to and fro between me and her fingers, definitely conflicted about something.

She is going to run away this time for sure. She must be calculating all the possible ways to the exit, or maybe she is planning to reveal it to the police. Oh, God-

And we are back to Trystan panic king Gonzales!

Sigh! I'm never going to change!

Only if I knew........

-To be continued...