Chapter 6- Who Are You?

TRYSTAN'S POV
"What're you thinking?" Nath asks pulling me out of my trance.

I haven't been able to remove Abigail out of my system. I mean, I know she always has been there as long as I can remember, but this time it's different. I always wanted her to notice me, but not like this obviously.

Oops!!
If you can't shut the hole in your mouth, the least you would do is shut your thoughts out, I found scolding myself.

Well, since the tea is spilt out in the open, there is no way I could hide it any longer.

Hey, that rhymed!

Back to the topic, confused?
Well, let's get a few facts straight and maybe rewind into a flashback.

I, Trystan Vincent Raphael Gonzales was in love with Abigail Paige McCarthy ever since she stepped foot in her light auburn dress on the first day of high school. Yes, in love. As pathetic as it sounds, I had fallen in love with her at the very first sight.

First Day Of High School...

"Trys, excited?" My best friend Nathaniel questioned. I bobbed my head up and down as we made it through the school gates.

Obviously, I was excited, hell, I was ecstatic. It was the start of our high school, the start of a new journey where people did everything to prove themselves as worthy. Maybe I wanted to too, but I wanted to stay under the radar as well.

"Lil bro, seems a little jumpy aye?" My brother teased. Colton was my two years senior and the best brother one could ask for.

"Did you hear there's new kiddo joining us!" Ivan exclaimed, beaming like it wasn't a new kid joining but a unicorn.

"What's so spec–

My words die in my throat when the new kid stepped in. My mouth dried up, my heart raced, my stomach churned as if I had drunk spoilt milk that created fits, goosebumps ran down my spine and I felt music in the background.

What the trash?? My feelings were all jumbled and rambled.

Her glassy blue eyes that sparkled like crystalline water hypnotised me, well I wasn't the only one enchanted by her. Everyone stared at her, jaw almost hitting the ground. She clutched on her books tighter, moving amidst the scrutinizing stares; shy and timidly.

She wore a light auburn silk crêpon dress that complimented her curves, with her chocolate brown hair tied into a graceful ponytail. The dress was simple, yet it worked miracles on her. Or more like, she enhanced its beauty. Her eyes were filled with innocence, lost like a wanderer in a dense forest. I felt the sudden urge to protect her, to capture her under my wing and shield her from all the bad omens in this world. I stepped forward to approach her, but someone beat me to it.

With the blink of an eye, she was snatched away and captured under the arms of Daniel Craig Jones, the biggest jerk of CXHS. He was a total charmer; after all, he was brought up like a gentleman just to play with innocent girls. His eyes always worked miracles, and girls being the oblivious little dolls, often fell for his–"a little too good to be true, innocent act–".

That was the first-ever time I felt a loud thunderous beat in my chest, especially every time she was around. She wasn't this obnoxious, arrogant and egocentric girl who walked and talked to impress. The little 11-year-old back then only spoke to express, although her eyes spoke louder and deeper. She was different, she was unique in her own way.