Chapter 9- The Wave Of Confidence

Trystan👆🏻 (isn't he a cutey)
We got down the Ferris wheel, I was still under the daze of what Abigail had professed. It's not every day someone pours their heart out. Completely unaware of the newly found confidence, I intertwined our hands, squeezing her hand reassuringly. I wanted her to know, she wasn't all alone. She looked at me with gratitude and contentment, squeezing my hand in return. The mood had shifted from cheerful to a tensed one, and that's when an idea struck in my head.

I was aware that it wasn't possible to enjoy the rides with this dull mood. We would have been the first people on earth who had experienced the most tensed atmosphere on the best ride of the carnival.

"Wanna do something fun?" I asked her, enthusiastically.

She looked at me incredulously and then furrowed into confusion.
"Why the fuck are you jumping?"

I shrugged. "Just excited."

"What do you have in your mind strawberry? It's foreign enough that you- she directed her finger at me- used the term fun." She waved her hands dramatically.

"Hey, don't judge a book by its cover." I replied offensively.

"Jeez, sorry. Tell me what do you have in mind master?" She asked sardonically, wriggling her eyebrows mischievously.

"It's illegal." I replied sheepishly with half a grin. Me, MEG and Colton always did such stuff. We often got in trouble too, but being the children of the "Gonzales" had its perks.

Abby stared baffled at me, completely dazed at my suggestion. Even though it wasn't an official date, even though she hasn't opened up everything to me, I wanted her to have a good day. I wanted her to smile and I wanted to be the reason.

I couldn't have her forever, then why not make most out of the day. Why not show her who the real Trystan Gonzales is, or should I say I kind of was.

"You got to be kidding me." She replied incredulously.

I gave her the look. "I didn't say that we're going to steal handcuffs from the police station. So chillax." I replied, completely laid back.

Abby's eyes expanded. "Wait, you stole handcuffs from the police station??!"

I just shrugged and pulled her with me for our little adventure.

"We're going to steal from the shops at the carnival and whoever steals the most items, without being caught, wins." I beamed.

She sputtered at my idea. "Wha-aat."
She looked at me as if I had grown 3 more heads and two wings on my back along with horns.

She laughed once she got out of the initial shock.

"Okay, great joke. Let's get serious now." She patted on my chest. I glared at her, giving her the -I'm-not-kidding-, look.

She composed herself, once she realised I was dead serious. "What happened to the shy,nerdass Trystan Gonzales?"

"Sent him on leave for a couple of hours." I countered.

"Now let's beg-

"What will the winner be rewarded with?" She interjected. I blew a series of air, before coming up with the most cliched and used reward.

"Let's keep it simple and cliche? The loser gets to be the slave of the winner for a good twenty-four hours." She nodded in contentment, her eyes glimmering in mischief and determination to win.

I shuddered when she gave me her most naughty and seductive smirk, signifying what would I've to deal with, f she wins. I might be in love with her, but one night stand; no ways.