Chapter 11- H.O.P.E

《 She was the hope, he held on to. He was the wish, she had asked from the shooting star...》

♥️

"What the fuck is happening here?" The nasty drunkard spoke in rage. He was staring right at me and Abby, fury evident in his eyes.

I felt myself shake, but it wasn't me. It was due to Abigail. She immediately scurried back on her feet, leaving me slightly stunned on the floor.

As usual, the centre of attention was our dear Abigail. The man was staring–no glaring at her whilst she stood there like a statue.

Out of nowhere the attention actually shifted to me and I blushed. Yes, I actually blushed and in my defense, I'm really a shy introvert.

And if you didn't notice, I'm still on the floor, sprawled! The man's expression altered to complete amusement with a hint of surprise. Obviously, creeped out by my stupidity and dumbness. 

I dusted my pants off and got back on feet while staring at the exchange between Abby and a nasty drunkard; who had diverted his attention back to its former stance.

Fear! That's what was written all over her face. And it wasn't just any kind of fear. What would you feel if Thanatos, the God of death stood in front of you, ready to take your life? Well, that's the expression Abigail harboured right now.

Her entire body was shivering more than the one who shivered in the cold winter nights since he had decided to take a skinny dip. Her eyes held terror, gone was all the spark in her eyes. Now they were just plain blue that only pleaded for something like mercy. The man exchanged looks between us, trying to figure out what was going on. One thing I was aware, this man can do no good and I was determined to find who he was. He resembled the spouse of the devil who survived on others misery. I took a step forward in an attempt to grab her back, embrace her in my arms and to protect her like it was my responsibility. But I stopped before I even completed my first move, noticing the slight twitch of Abigail's fingers, warning me not to step forward. I gritted my teeth at her helplessness as well as mine.

Who on earth was this ugly, nasty looking man and why was Abigail so helpless in front of him!??!

"Da-dad." Abigail spoke, breaking the most intense silence of the century. I almost gasped at her reference. This man who is probably the twin of the man that belonged to nothing but cave from 1869 BC, is her father!? He mirrored nothing like the guy I saw in the family picture. He was a happy and sober man, full of love and care in his eyes. This man seemed brutal, incapable of any form of affection and smelled like all the drugs combined in this world. What did he do, dive in the pool of cocaine and marijuana?

That's when I noticed the slight resemblance between Abigail and this man. If you actually looked past all the germs and dirt over his body and hair, you could tell she had got her chocolate brown hair from her father and her nose as well. Otherwise, she was ditto copy of the woman I had seen in the frame. She had the same blue eyes as her mother that shined with the glow of contentment. The same heart-stopping smile and gleam of happy ambience. To be precise, she was a splitting image of her mom and I know she was proud of it.

"This is Trystan Gonzales, my..." she glanced at me once more as I anticipated for her to complete the sentence. "..my friend." She completed with a sincere smile that threw me off guard.

Do you know the rain that brought immense satisfaction after a blazing hot day? I felt that. Or how girls would put it when Shawn Mendes or Zayn Malik had hugged them? Or if you had found the key to Charlie and the chocolate factory? Or–

We get it!! Now go ahead.

Again you? Anyway, s,whatever.

Now just multiply it a thousand times, yep that's how happy I felt.