Chapter 38 - Leo's Mechanical ADHD Brain Goes Haywire

Hey guys! FINALLY. An update! I hate to admit it, but I got a teensy weensy bit of writers block. But it's ok. Cause it's gone now! Sorry I left you guys on a cliff hanger. Rick Riordan's my idol, and I wanna be a writer when I grow up, so might as well start trying to be like him now.  :)  So, this chapter will be pretty short. However, a lot of information will be given. So pay attention!

Percy's POV

After circling the stranger girl and Leo for a few more seconds, I urged Neptune into a dive. Neptune spread his wings not five feet from the stranger, hovered, than touched down. I would never get used to that amazing feeling of writing on a dragon.

Neptune tossed his head. I know. I am pretty amazing.

I laughed out loud, causing the stranger to tilt her head.  Her gold eyes studied me, as if looking for weaknesses. Then I saw the white flag, and the scrapes on Leo's ankles below his jeans (most likely from chains) and the girl's gold eyes. 

I immediately drew Riptide and held it to Kronos' throat. "State your name and your business here."

The girl laughed, and chills ran up my spine. She held out her hand. "Kronos, Titan Lord of Time and King of the Titans. What a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Commander Epsilon." She pronounced it as two words, Ep, and Salon.

"And I'm Leo!" Leo popped out from behind Kronos, waving his arms at me wildly. "Hey Epsilon. How's it hanging!" 

I looked back and forth between Kronos and the clearly unharmed Leo. However, I wasn't taking any chances. "Leo," I told him sternly. "Behind me. Now."

Leo shook. "Jeez, Commander Bossy. My girl Kronos here swore an oath to not harm me or this camp. We're best buddies now, right dude?" He patted Kronos on the back.

Kronos growled, and Leo held up his hands in a surrender movement. "Ok. Sorry...Dudette."

I couldn't help but smile. Same old Leo. But I was reminded of the bigger threat at hand when Kronos turned back to me. "So, Commander Ep Salon-"

I cut him off mid sentence. "It's Epsilon, not Ep Salon. I'm not a hair salon."

Annoyance flashed through Kronos' eyes. I was surprised to see that he made no move to threaten me or the other campers coming up behind me. 

The campers. I waved my finger underneath my cloak sleeve and an invisible barrier formed between the campers and Kronos and I. They didn't need to be put in more danger than they already were. 

Annabeth, however, just walked right through the barrier and up to my shoulder, along with Luke, Zoe, Adria, Serilda, Bianca, Silena, and Beckendorf.

Kronos eyed the others with wariness. It was clear that he, sorry she, was outnumbered here. Leo recognized it too. But he looked at me with urgency in his eyes and pointed to his head. Understanding his signal, I entered his mind.

Hey! Perce! Don't know if you're in this crazy machine brain of mine, but if you are, KRONOS DOESN'T KNOW YOU'RE MORE POWERFUL THAN HIM DON'T GIVE YOURSELF AWAY DON'T TELL HIM YOU'RE CHAOS WARRIORS JUST PRETEND YOU'RE NORMAL DEMIGODS WHO ARE JUST REALLY STRANGE AND WEIRD AND CREEPY SO HE'LL SEE YOU AS LESS OF A THREAT! 

Wow. His brain really was a strange machine that went crazy ADHD. But I got the gist of what he was saying. Don't reveal our real identities of being Chaos Warriors to Kronos. He didn't know, meaning we could be a secret weapon for the camp.

Kronos scanned the nine of us. "So. You're the really powerful demigods that my spies have been telling me about. Sons and daughters of who?" He/she left the question hanging in the air.

"We prefer to keep our identities a secret," said Annabeth.

Kronos nodded. "Understandable. And I assume Hecate gave you those wings?" 

Luke almost answered no, but I twirled my finger and sealed his mouth shut. "Yes," I said.

Kronos didn't react. All she said was, "Most impressive. Now show me this camp of yours, and we will discuss how and why I am here to ally with this puny Camp Half-Blood that I tried to destroy." 

Kronos. An ally? Jeez. What had happened on Earth while we were gone?!

"I can see your doubts, puny demigod," Kronos said. "But I can assure you, should you agree to this alliance, you will no doubt be able to defeat my mother." 

I had no time to think before Annabeth spoke. "Lets take this to the Big House. We can discuss more about your thoughts for the war there." 

And with that, she twitched her head and the barrier between us and the camp disappeared. Jake, who had been banging on the barrier, trying to get through to the action, face planted. I fist bumped Annabeth. And that was why I always let her do the thinking. 

Jake's POV

I peeled myself off the dirt, refusing help from the campers that offered it to me. I had to admit, it was kind of nice being the hero of this camp with every demigod here at my disposal. Except for those Chaos Warriors. They were ruining everything.

Everything was going as planned until they got here. And that stuck-up Commander Epsilon. Don't even get me started on him. First, he cheats in a duel. Then, he steals the EnCider, and now he gets to have all the action with Kronos over their.

But this, "peace," wouldn't last for long. Once the camp left back to do their normal activities, and the Chaos Warriors, Chiron, and Kronos had disappeared into the Big House, I sprinted into the woods.

Arriving at Zeus' fist, I pulled out my spare EnCider. The red dots representing the campers gleamed off the screen in the evening sun. I checked to make sure everything was working properly. All red dots, except for those in the big house. Those Chaos Warriors were the problem. 

I extended the antennae, and flipped over the metal EnCider. On the back was a flame etched into the metal. I pressed it, and fire licked the device. 

"Kronos is here. He has switched sides and allied with the camp. Waiting for more information," I recited to the flames. Then I blew lightly on the fire, and it disappeared, leaving the EnCider unscathed. 

Yay! Another cliff hanger! It has been so much fun making Kronos switch sides. It's a huge plot twist, and a new character POV! Hopefully, I'll be able to write another chapter soon. Don't forget to comment and vote! Hint hint. Comments make my day.  :)
                                                                      -Ahey