Chapter 26 - Mr. Fishy God

Here I am again with another update! I realized I hadn't explained anything about Percy and Poseidon's old relationship. Just another thing to add to the pile of things that Percy has to deal with. It's getting really hard for me to write, trying to balance so many things. Lets list them off, shall we? 

1) Percy and the rest of the warriors had to go back to Earth to fight in the war

2) At camp, the cabin counselors are acting weird and are respecting Jake instead of Percy

3) Leo is the only one who doesn't follow the counselors' bad examples and is recruited into the warriors as a spy on Camp Half-Blood

4) Percy discovers that Jake is hiding a device, one that could connect to the strange things happening to the campers (Strange as in they respect Jake, they're not as happy, and they don't even talk about Percy, who went missing ten years ago)

5) Poseidon has gone into depression because Percy is missing. He regrets what he did all those years ago. 

Wow that's a lot. I hope that sums it up somewhat ok. So, I'll continue this next chapter by showing what has been happening to Poseidon since Percy went missing.

Poseidon's POV

It had been ten years since Percy Jackson had gone missing. Percy Jackson, my favorite son. The one that I had unknowingly betrayed by seeming to favorite my bratty son Jake. I didn't know what had come over me. Ten years ago, Jake had seemed so amazing. He had gained the trust of all the campers, and he was an amazing fighter. But as soon as he left, I started to see Jake as he really was. An arrogant jerk who didn't deserve to be my son.

But of course, I couldn't just disown him or have my brother blast him with lightning. He was my son. But I had distanced myself from him as much as possible. And by doing that I had distanced myself from the other Olympians and Camp Half-Blood. I rarely showed up at Camp Jupiter in my Roman form either.

I quickly became depressed. Moping around my palace, living off frozen mortal mac-n-cheese and burritos. The sea servants in my palace understood my mood, and tried to avoid me in case they set me off. I knew he hadn't died, because Hades kept me posted on if he entered the Underworld. 

I also had Zeus send Artemis and her hunters out on what they called, "Percy Hunts." They traveled far and wide searching for my son. Artemis even sent her hunters into Alaska, a place where she herself couldn't go. But after ten whole years, nothing showed up. Not even a clue. It was like he disappeared off the face of the planet!

And once in a while, just to make myself feel better, I reached out for his mind. If he was anywhere nearby, I would be able to make contact with him. Oh, who am I kidding. I reached out every day and every hour. I never stopped searching. Speaking of which...

I reached out with my mind and felt around for my son's presence. The normal arrogant mind of Jake was still at Camp Half-Blood, but he wasn't who I was looking for. I let my signal sit out for a bit, before bringing it back into my head. Nothing. Again.

But just as I was reclining my signal, I felt something brush the borders of my mind. Something soft, but definitely there. I felt my heart beat increase. Could it really be him? I reached out again, and slammed into a mental barrier. 

Percy's POV

I was happily training the campers in sword fighting. Oh, who am I kidding. I was unhappily training the campers in sword fighting, and was getting more annoyed every minute. Every camper's form was completely off. And whenever I tried to correct them, they would snap at me to back off. Yeah. Something was definitely going on. Even under the stress of the war, the campers were never this uptight when I lived at camp.