Chapter 21 - Only Day 2

Sorry guys. I haven't updated in 2 days. It's been really busy. You know how it gets. So I wanted to make a chapter with Mr. McShizzle himself...Leo Valdez! 

Percy's POV

The crowd of demigods herded us towards the dining pavilion for dinner. Even though we were supposed to be celebrating our win, nobody seemed very enthusiastic. They were probably embarrassed and angry about being beaten by people from another planet. Clarisse was sulking and Jake had resumed scolding the campers about how they should've done better. 

But the Chaos Warriors were holding their heads high, proud that they had won, but not really surprised. Everybody ignored us, and just ate dinner like a normal night. I shrugged and sat down to eat. What bad sports. 

I remembered that you could eat anything at camp. Magic food. My favorite. I immediately summoned a blue coke with some blue fries. Of course, the cheeseburger was blue too. Why would't it be. If there is magic food, I wanna make the most of it. 

I was enjoying my dinner, when I suddenly received a kick from Annabeth. I looked up, annoyed, before realizing my mistake. "Dam it!" I cursed. Zoe giggled. But Annabeth kicked her too. Then Zoe realized. But by then it was too late. Leo had looked up from the Hephaestus table and saw me eating my blue food. He was sure to recognize who I was. 

Leo eyed my plate of blue food and excused himself from his table. He walked over to the Chaos table. Slowly. When he reached me, he leaned over. The usual sparkle in his eyes was gone, and he looked almost sad. 

"Blue food?" he asked suspiciously.

I shrugged. "Why do you want want to know?"  

Leo shrunk back, and I realized I might've been a little too harsh. Leo was the one person who stuck by me, other than Annabeth, ten years ago. He seemed to be the only one of the chosen seven who still respected me. It was at that moment that I remembered that I had left without saying bye to him. He had no idea where I was, all those years.

"It's just, my friend Percy loved blue food," he mumbled.

"But I'm not Percy," I insisted. I was glad that a hood covered my face, or he would've seen how badly I was lying. "Can't a guy enjoy blue food without being accused of being someone else?" 

He looked down, clearly disappointed. "Sorry," he whispered. "I just thought..." I couldn't believe this was the Leo Valdez, the one who was always smiling and cracking jokes. The bad boy supreme. This was not the Leo I knew. I had to find out what happened. 

"I'll tell you what," I told him. "You tell me what's happened around camp to make a lot of people act like this, and I give you information on Percy."

I watched as his face went from grim to thrilled. "So, you know Percy?" he begged me. He looked at me pleadingly, like his life depended on it. 

"I won't say anything unless you meet in the woods at Zeus' Fist, tonight, nine pm. After curfew."

"With the cleaning harpies out at night?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Come on. You're Leo Valdez. Bad boy supreme. You're seriously gonna risk learning information on Percy Jackson in order to avoid the harpies?" 

He looked shocked. "How did you know my name and the stuff from my quest?" 

I held my fingers to my lips. "No telling until the woods tonight." Then I walked off, with Annabeth in tow. Leo was standing behind me, looking shocked and excited.

Annabeth gave me a look. "You're gonna tell him?" 

I shrugged. "It depends. Leo was the only one who didn't betray me, other than you. But then again, it's been ten years. It all depends on the type of information he gives me."