Chapter 30 - My Ears Detach Themselves from my Head

Hello there! I just had a big bowl of ice cream, so I am pumped and ready to write! Lets do this! Sorry. A bit hyped up on sugar. :) Anyways, here's another chapter!!!!

Leo's POV

Because the three of us didn't want to get caught walking around camp this late at night, Percy summoned Neptune to fly the three of us back. Of course, him and Annabeth could've flown without a dragon. But hello! Leo here! I've got no wings! It was really hard to get comfortable on Neptune. He had a giant ridge that looked like waves going down his back, and I somehow had to maneuver on the dragon's back so I didn't have a dragon fin poking into my back.

Being in the air was crazy. I had flown on Festus before, but flying on a mechanical dragon was different than flying on a real dragon. His wing muscles pumped up and down through the air, almost to a beat, and I couldn't help but tap my fingernails in tune on Neptune's scales, which were hard and metallic.

When I looked down, I saw the harpies flitting around. I rarely came out this late anymore, so I hadn't seen the harpies as much. The cabin counselors had become a lot stricter, not like the people that I traveled across the world with ten years ago.

A window was open in the Chaos cabin. I didn't see how Neptune would fit, but to my surprise, the window seemed to grow bigger as we got closer. Eventually, we flew through it, full sized dragon and all. And I entered a room bigger than the whole Hephaestus Cabin.

Percy noticed me looking around and pulled his hood down. "This is Annabeth and I's room. The cabin was enchanted to make the inside much larger than the outside. The whole thing is three floors." I nodded and put my hands on the wall. Because I was a son of Hephaestus, I could feel the vibrations of the elevator, and the other machines that made up the house. Wait a minute. Was that a 300 INCH FLAT SCREEN TV?!

I looked at Percy in shock. He just shrugged and plopped himself on his bed, leaning back and putting his hands behind his head. His wings splayed out across the bed beneath him. I had never realized the sheer size of his wings until I saw them up close, unfolded and spread to their limit. They were black with a sea green outline, and they glimmered in the presence of the crescent moon.

Neptune shrunk to the size of a large dog, and curled up next to a gray dragon with flames on its legs, who I guessed to be Annabeth's dragon. He snorted bubbles, which mixed amazingly with the grey dragon's soft puffs of fire.

"So what is it you wanted to tell me?" Percy asked. Annabeth began before I could even open my mouth.

"It's really important, but we probably need the other Chaos Warriors here with us too." Percy nodded and snapped his fingers. An alarm pierced through the quiet night air, and I covered my ears as it screeched its way out of the room and down the hall.

"What the Hades dude!" I yelled as Percy over the noise. "Delicate ears over here!"

Percy cupped his hand around his ear, signalizing that he couldn't hear me. I walked over to him and shouted what I had just said into his ear. He nodded. "Just wait," he mouthed.

Another earsplitting 30 seconds later, seven other figures dragged themselves into the room, groaning and mumbling about the time. Percy snapped his fingers again, and the alarm shut itself off.

"Seriously dad?" One of the warriors asked, clearly annoyed. She had blonde hair and sea green eyes, and behind her was a dark blue dragon with a silver underbelly and eyes. Another silver streak ran down the dragon's neck. This must be Percy's daughter and her dragon.

I waved hi to all the warriors. I had never met these people, as most had come from the Titan War and some Percy had met on Planet Chaos. "Hi guys! I'm Leo, also known as the Super Sized McShizzle, Bad Boy Supreme!" I put my hands on my hips and struck a superman pose. No reaction. Hm. Tough crowd.