Chapter 37 - A Titan vs. Giant Stand Off

Hi!!! I said I would update again and I did! Happy now? 
Ok. So this chapter ends with a huge cliff hanger. Don't go hating on me now for this big twist.  :)

Kronos' POV

I slammed the door of the jail cell on the Valdez boy. I chained his ankles to the wall, and I heard the clinking of metal as he tried to race after me.

"You're gonna regret this!" he shouted, and shook his fist at me.

"Am I?" I asked him. I swung his tool belt onto a hook right in front of his cell, and pushed it so it swung tauntingly right in front of his fingertips.

He glared at me. "My girlfriend is gonna..."

I cut him off. "Gonna what?" I asked him tauntingly. "Is that pathetic daughter of Atlas gonna sing to me? Maybe kill my plants?" 

The gaze he gave me was murderous. I shrugged it off. After all, I had the upper hand here. 

I sauntered away, but before I left completely, I turned around at the end of the tunnel and flipped my hair. 

He seemed taken aback that the titan lord of time just hair flipped at him. I smiled evilly at him. "Be prepared for your worst nightmares Valdez. They're yet to come."

And with that I walked off into the darkness, Leo's shouting echoing behind me.

I turned right at the end of the tunnel and entered a huge room outlined in gold. In it was my brother Hyperion, the king of giants Porphyion, and those two twits Otis and Ephialtes.

Porphyion turned when I entered the room. "Oh! Kronos. We were just talking about you." 

His voice boomed throughout the throne room, vibrating off the walls.

"The four of us were having some...hmm...doubts, about your leadership." He said.

I glared. "Why would you be questioning me, the king of titans, part of the original sons of Gaea, the earth mother?!" I did my best to seem intimidating, even though I was in a 5'7'' girl's body.

Porphyion laughed. "You want to be with us big boys, giants, the banes of the Olympians, yet you're so...puny."

He pinched his index finger and thumb together, clearly taunting my height.

"You fool, giant," I roared. "Once I burn away this form, I will be taller than you, I will be stronger than you. I WILL BE KING!"

"Ooh. Touchy." The giant king teased. "That didn't work out for you so well last time, did it?" he taunted.

I narrowed my eyes. "If I heard correctly, you were defeated by a daughter of Aphrodite, a forgetful son of Zeus, and a worthless son of Hephaestus who is now in jail."

Porphyion stepped forward. "You dare go there!"

All the while, Otis, Ephialtes, and Hyperion had been watching the argument quietly. I was steaming, and Porphyion was shaking with anger. 

Eventually, Hyperion broke the silence. "Just listen to him, little bro," he sneered, backing behind the giant king. "Porphyion is right. We need someone else in charge. Someone...fresher."

I opened my mouth to say something, but I was at loss for words. I would have pulled out my scythe then and there, but we were allies. And allies didn't fight allies.

With steam literally pouring out every pore in my body, I turned on my heel and stalked off, back to Leo's cell. 

I would show them.

Percy's POV

Everyone was arguing. No one could hear each other. I couldn't even hear myself.

"It's a trap!" Katy Gardener shouted!

"We need to rescue Leo!" Calypso was close to tears.

"We should just leave him where he is. He deserves to rot." Guess who said that.

Jake had made another appearance. The first one I had seen since the prank war. He probably went off to hid during the battle against Hyperion. Typical.

"SILENCE!" I shouted. No one answered. I nudged Neptune. He roared. 

SHUT UP!!! He projected his thoughts so everyone could hear him. Immediately, everyone quieted down. It wasn't every day that a dragon spoke. Neptune nodded his head curtly. Thank you.

I nodded to him as he curled on top of my head, observing the room with keen interest.

"Now that I have your attention," I began. "Arguing is not going to help us find Leo. We need an actual plan rather than your bickering.

"Why would you care?" asked Jake. "You're from another planet." Everyone nodded in agreement. How? Jake didn't have that controlling device anymore. Annabeth was still studying it, trying to figure out what that fire symbol carved into it meant. Unless he had another one.

I glared at him from underneath my hood and muttered, "You would be surprised." Thankfully no one heard me.

Jake opened his mouth, probably to snap something back at me, but at that moment the conch horn sounded. A new camper.

I bolted out the door and Neptune immediately jumped off my head, transforming to his normal size in less than a second. I swung my leg over his ridges, and we took to the air. But what we found while circling the new camper was not what I was expecting.

The girl had long brown hair with dyed yellow tips. And her eyes. They were a stunning gold. But unlike Hazel's, her eyes were hardened and almost evil looking. She was waving a white flag determinedly as she crested the hill.

And behind her was...

Leo?

Oh yeah. Another good cliff hanger. I feel good about myself right now.  :)