Chapter 17 - Percy Goes Broke

I'm just letting you know. I've read the other Chaos stories. And they're good. But they all have depressed or sometimes even evil Percy. Nuh uh. Not for this story. I'm gonna change it up. Persassy on the lose!

Annabeth's POV

What. The. Hades. There are pictures of Percy and I everywhere! I guess not everywhere. That may have been an exaggeration to display my embarrassment. But, there were a few things here and there. Enough for me to take notice. 

Adria was still laughing. I turned and gave her one of my signature glares. She glared back. But she couldn't hold it. Tears poured out of her eyes from the strain of keeping a straight face. She couldn't do it.

"Oh. My. Gods," she breathed. "These campers are even more insane than you said they were!" 

"Excuse me?" A boy who looked about my age popped up out of nowhere. Tall and lean, but way to thin. He had hardly any muscle at all. It was Jake. "Insane?" he asked. Adria nodded. "I think not," Jake said and crossed his arms. 

Percy glared at him. Hatred poured out of his sea green eyes. "Maybe not the rest of the camp, but you and some of the other campers I could name, are." He smirked. Of course, Jake couldn't see Percy's face, so he took the comment as a challenge.

Jake studied Percy's hooded face."You just wish we were so you won't embarrass yourself in the war. What do you fight with, a stick?" Ouch. The dryads would be offended. 

Apparently, Percy was offended even more. He growled and jumped off Neptune's back. Neptune's green, reptilian eyes were watching Jake with just as much hatred as Percy. I wondered if Jake knew that Percy's dragon could kill him with one lunge. 

Percy was now stalking towards Jake, a hand on his belt. He pulled out his second sword, Tsunami, and aimed it at Jake's throat. He now had his wings completely unfurled, and was glowing with an aura of power. Jake shivered, but tried to show confidence.

"Psh. You call that a weapon? Wait til you see mine when we duel, arena, in 2 hours." The crowd that had gathered to watch broke out in whispers. 

"Jake will definitely win."

"He's so powerful."

"A son of the Big Three." 

"There's no way this faker son of Chaos can defeat the Camp Hero."

Even the others of the seven who helped defeat Gaea were exchanging their bets. And, of course, they were on Jake. Percy sheathed his sword. "Deal." 

Jake smiled. "Be prepared to be pulverized," the idiot said. Percy just shrugged and walked back to us. 

"I'm pretty sure it will go the other way around," he said over his shoulder. Then he spurred Neptune and took off towards the Chaos cabin. The rest of the assassins followed. 

Percy's POV

The Chaos cabin was amazing. But I guess you could already guess that, since I made it myself. It was quite tiny on the outside. It was all black with galaxies moving across the wall. I could make out Planet Chaos if I looked really hard. Hanging on a small piece of metal above the door was the symbol of Chaos, seven arrows attached to each other that pointed in all different directions. 

(There really is a Greek Chaos symbol. Look it up.)

I could tell my fellow warriors were slightly disappointed. I mean, I was the son of Chaos. Shouldn't I have made something more flashy? Well, I did. As we walked inside, everyone let out a gasp. 

The inside was huge. There were three stories, all with glass elevators connecting them. A spiral staircase wound up against the left wall, in case the elevator was occupied. Trust me, waiting for elevators is not fun. Especially when there are 304 floors in your house. On the first floor was the kitchen and the living room. The kitchen was completed with stainless steel appliances, and silver counter tops. It opened up into the living room, which was complete with 12 individual reclining chairs, one for each of us. There was a huge 300 inch flat screen TV.

On floor two was the training room and the gaming room. Both contained the obvious things. An unlimited supply of demigod training equipment and...dun dun dun! Every demigod's dream, an unlimited supply of video games, Wii remotes, X-Box controllers, and bean bags. We will be living the life.

Finally, the top floor had all of our rooms, obviously. The top floor always has the best view. There were twelve rooms, each completely blank and white. It would be up to each assassin to decorate it the way they wanted it. The rooms could expand to any size, making room for our humongous dragons to bunk with us.

The first thing Luke did was flop onto the reclining chairs in the living room. He reclined all the way back, and conjured up a sleep mask. "Wow Jackson," he said. "I never knew you had enough creativity in you to make this place. I thought that was Annabeth's thing." Annabeth laughed while I lunged at Luke and tore the mask off his face. I did the mature thing and stuck my tongue out at him. 

The rest of us flopped down onto the chairs, our dragons curling up behind us. Neptune snorted and layed his head on my lap. Intimidating people is hard, he informed me, and fell asleep. 

We were silent for a while, trying to think about what to discuss. It was weird, being back at Camp Half-Blood. Really, the only person who hadn't seen this place was Adria. But, I guess that was just luck for the Camp. If Adria had been living here, this place would be...well...not pleasant. My half sister was extremely violent.

I saw Adria smirking. Oh no. What would she plan to do to the Camp? "Not to the Camp, Percy. You," she said jokingly. Great. And now she was reading my mind.

"What is it?" I sighed. I bet this would be another one of her dares. I already lost 20 drachmas to her when she bet that I couldn't go a day without speaking to Annabeth. Yeah. That bet was over before it had even started. 

"I dare you to act like a totally evil son of Chaos who has no mercy and doesn't care about the Camp around the campers for a month. Instead of being, you know, like you are on our planet."

"What's wrong with Persassy?" I pouted. 

"100 drachmas," she ordered. We shook hands and the bet was sealed. I was so going to be broke by the end of this mission. 

But, I guess it wouldn't be too hard. I hated this camp and everyone in it. So, I wouldn't even have to try too hard to win against Adria. So, I'll just be my normal self. 100 drachmas was on the line. 

But as soon as I stepped out of our cabin for the duel and I saw Jake in his heavy armor with an unbalanced sword in hand, I sighed. I handed 100 drachmas to Adria. "Just take it. Take it all." There was no way I could go a month without teasing this guy. 

Adria grinned and pocketed the money. Yep. I am definitely going to go broke. 

This is just a filler chapter. I needed to add something in between the two hours before the duel. So, why not write about the brotherly relationship Percy has with Adria? Or I guess you could say sisterly. Adria seems more like the one to take control. The next chapter will hopefully be more interesting. Thanks for sticking with me!
                                                                                   -Ahey