Chapter 46 - Jake Hits on Me

I am so sorry. It's been nearly a month since I last updated. I am such a bad author. I started writing this chapter last Thursday, but then I got writers block and wasn't able to update for a whole other week! Ugh! It sucks, I'm telling you. But its ok, because as I was walking down the stairs tonight, an idea hit me. Why not leave you guys on another cliff hanger so you can have a nice loooooong wait for the next update? Yep! I'll do that! 
So that's what I did. Hope you enjoy! 

Reyna's POV

I was not having a good morning. Yesterday, Frank and I had led nearly half of Camp Jupiter to Camp Half-Blood to help fight in the war. Apparently, Gaea and some other really old deity who no one knew were coming. Honestly, just ten years ago I had fought in the exact same war, just without Kronos, Iapetus, and some strange winged demigods in cloaks.

I had to load every Roman onto a plane to travel from California to New York. Hazel had been exhausted, using every ounce of her strength to prevent the mortals from watching as a fully armed legion marched onto American Airlines. 

To add on to things, just as we were getting settled into Camp Half-Blood, Iapetus the titan appeared, claiming to want to become allies. I pursed my lips. I wasn't falling for that for a second. Neither was I trusting those Wings of Chaos Warriors. Call me crazy, but I didn't trust anyone who didn't trust me enough to reveal their faces.

Finally, Jake had tried to hit on me. Every time Camp Jupiter visited Camp Half-Blood, he flirted with me. He asked me out on dates, and winked at me as I walked by. Today was no different. Jake was responsible for Perseus and Annabeth's deaths, a crime that I could never forgive.

It was around 8 am and I was eating breakfast with Hazel, Frank, and the other demigods who I had met during the war with Gaea. Jason, Leo, and Piper had walked over to my table, along with Nico who squished himself on the edge of the bench and gave me a nod of acknowledgement.

Yesterday, before we retired to bed, Chiron had called a last minute meeting. Frank and I, along with the Warriors of Chaos or something, discussed what to do about the situation. No one had any better ideas other than waiting for Kronos (who I learned was an ally and a girl) to learn some more information. 

As the leader of the dragon winged demigods had put it, "Let the war come to us."

According to him, another wave of monsters was due to attack today. Until then, the campers would train like normal. When I learned that the demigod with the black and green dragon was viewed as the best swordsman in the universe, I almost choked on cheese wiz. Perseus Jackson was the best swordsman, no doubt. Although, I didn't know if it counted if he had been missing for ten years. 

For the time being, Iapetus had been put in jail. Jail meaning being locked in the basement of the Big House. Apparently, he wasn't trustworthy enough to be let roaming around the camp. Surprisingly, the titan complied without complaint. He said that he'd rather go to jail to earn the trust of us than saunter around the camp and be deemed as untrustworthy.

 I, on the other hand, thought we should destroy him. He was a Titan, willing to give himself up to armed demigods. Now was our chance! Take out an important ally of Gaea. However, every time I pointed out this idea, it was immediately shot down by the winged demigods. 

Now, I was a Roman praetor. I lead an entire camp, and read emotions every day. Him, and the other girl are going to need their feelings in check better if they want to keep their lives some what undetected. 

I scoffed and marched out of the room, needing some air. I paced on the porch and overlooked the strawberry fields where the sons and daughters of Bacchus, no, Dionysus, were tending to the ripe, red berries. Everything here seemed so peaceful, like there wasn't going to be an army of monsters descending on us today.  The second time for Camp Half-Blood.