Chapter 25 - Annabeth Surprise Kicks Me in the Gut

I had a request from one of my awesome readers, @JordanFritz7, to add more Percabeth fluff. So, what do I do? Make a chapter with Percabeth only! Hope you enjoy! 
Also, I really enjoy writing in Percy and Annabeth's POV. Mainly Percy. But let me know if you guys want to hear the thoughts of a different character, to change things up a bit. Thanks!

Percy's POV

I dragged myself into the elevator, too lazy to take the stairs. I slouched into my room, which was connected to Annabeth's room by a huge glass wall with a sliding glass door. So basically it was one room with two doors and a divider. 

It had been a long day. First there was a monster attack. Leo almost died. Then Chaos saved him but left him with broken ribs and a twisted ankle. Meanwhile, I was in the forest spying on Jake. And I found out that he had a little boxy thingy that could be dangerous. On top of it all, I still had to help the campers fight in a war, maintain my secret identity, and eat blue pancakes. Whew! That was a lot! Oh! And another thing. I heard Chiron talking about Percy Hunts. What?! It turns out that people are actually looking for me. Who would've thought that the campers and the gods would want me back after what they did to me? Ugh. The Hunters of Artemis are searching for me too. I wonder if they know that I'm right under their noses. To much to think about, and too much to do. I needed a break. 

I leaned against Neptune who had curled up in his bed in the corner, and put my head in my hands. I thought this would be an easy mission. Come to Earth, kick butt, go back to Planet Chaos. But noooooo. Everything had to be ten times harder than I originally thought, because that's what happened to demigods. Especially ones who were the sons of primordial that had wings, a dragon, and powers greater than the gods.

I heard a groan coming from the other side of the room. I peaked through my fingers and saw Annabeth storm in and fall face first on to her bed. She groaned again into her pillow. Now, I might not be the smartest person, but it didn't take much to tell that something was wrong.

Being the amazing husband I was, I got up and walked through the glass divider and went to comfort Annabeth. We usually kept the glass divider open because we needed each others company. It needed to feel more like Planet Chaos, where we shared a room.

I sat on the edge of Annabeth's bed and whispered in her ear, "Am I interrupting something?" Annabeth immediately rolled over, kicked me in the stomach, and punched me in the face. "Not the reaction I was expecting," I wheezed.

Annabeth's hands flew over her mouth. "Oh my gods! Percy, I'm so sorry! You scared me and I've been under so much pressure so it was just instinctive to..."

"Kick your husband in the gut?" I jokingly finished for her. She glared at me, but leaned into my side. I played with her blonde curls. She still looked the same as she had 10 years ago, or in our case, 5,500 years ago.

She sighed. "I thought this mission would be easy. Come here, kick butt, leave." I stared at her.

"That's exactly what I was thinking! Great minds think alike." I pointed my thumb at myself proudly. She laughed and playfully slapped my arm.

"Thinking one thing the same as me doesn't make you any less of a Seaweed Brain," she informed me.

I smiled. "I know. But at least I'm your Seaweed Brain." 

She groaned. "Stop it with the cheesiness Perce!" 

I grinned. "You know you love me."

"You're lucky I do." 

We were silent for a few minutes, thinking over the days' events. I was still trying to get over the fact that I was back at Camp Half-Blood, a place where I never thought that I would come back to. And to make things worse, everything was still the same. All of my old friends were immortal, Jake was immortal, the same games were played, the same punishments were used, and the same cabins were still standing. I ran my hand through Annabeth's curls. At least I had Annabeth. Without her, I probably wouldn't have accomplished as much.