Chapter 20 - We Capture Flags

Ok, so, another daily update. This chapter will probably be quite long, because I'm trying to shove a lot into it. I don't have very much to say, so lets go!

Percy's POV

I woke up the next morning, feeling pretty good even though I was staying at a camp that betrayed me. The birds were chirping, monsters were howling in the woods, and I could smell pancakes coming from downstairs. But it was all ruined when Jake decided to start screaming. 

"Are you insane! I want the guards here, not there! If we put them there the hunters will swing over us! Gods you guys are idiots." Jake was scolding a group of Demeter campers who were trying to prepare for the upcoming capture the flag game. I groaned and rolled out of bed. 

Jake continued to yell as I got dressed. I threw on a black t-shirt and a pair of jeans before pulling on my cloak. Neptune whined and clawed at his ears. Make it stop!  he growled. I nodded in agreement. I couldn't say that Jake had changed over the past ten Earth years.

Downstairs, Annabeth was tossing pancakes in a pan. Adria and Zoe were sitting at the dining table, discussing the best ways to get revenge on the campers for what they had done several years ago. From what I overheard, they were planning to give Clarisse a swirly in the camp toilets. "Give her a taste of her own medicine," Zoe had put it. She had made fun of me countless times for the toilet incident, even though she wasn't there to witness it. 

The two girls were interrupted when a small string of Ancient Greek curses spewed out of Annabeth in the kitchen. She was shaking her hand, which now had a large red welt on it caused by the hot pan of pancakes. I smirked at her as she put ice on it, before conquering up my own plate of blue pancakes. "Oh come on Percy," she complained. "I spent all morning making those pancakes for you and I, even burning myself in the process, and you make new ones appear out of thin air?" She shook her head before scooping her pancakes off the pan and joining me at the table. 

Even after we got our Chaos powers, Annabeth insisted on doing things the way she used to when she was just a regular daughter of Athena. Like making pancakes by hand. Whereas the rest of us just made things we wanted appear, thanks to the power of creation that Chaos gave us. 

As we ate, the rest of the warriors came downstairs, rubbing their heads and complaining about headaches. Jake was still yelling, but the topic had changed from guards to the types of weapons the camp should use. That was why we weren't eating at the dining pavilion. Eating with the campers would probably make at least one of us angry enough to explode. Literally. That one being me. 

We spent the rest of the morning, lounging around, taking Advil to make our headaches go away, and covering our ears to block out Jake's screaming. It was around 10 am when Serilda had had enough. My daughter stormed outside to give Jake a good talking too. 

When she came back in, she looked pleased. I looked out the window to see Jake's mouth covered in duck tape, and all the other campers staring in shock at the cabin door where Serilda had disappeared through. The windows were one way, so I could see out and the campers couldn't see in. 

With the screaming of Jake finally gone, us warriors sat around a table in the gaming room to devise a plan for Capture the Flag. Meaning, everyone played video games while Annabeth sat and did all the work. 

Two minutes later, Annabeth had already came up with a plan. "Hey guys," she said. No one responded. "Here's the plan for Capture the Flag." 

The only response she got was a, "Die zombie!" from Luke who was playing Minecraft. Annabeth rolled her eyes and waved her hand. All the remotes jumped out of our hands and locked themselves in the closet.