Chapter 32 - We Sit Around A Ping Pong Table and Eat Cheese and Crackers

Hello!!!!!!!!!!! It's UPDATE TIME! Finally! Oh my gosh! I've been swamped the past few days. So many things to do! And school is right around the corner! Noooooo! Ok. I'm done ranting. On with the story!

Percy's POV

I opened the door of the Chaos Cabin to find Piper looking me up and down, like she was assessing how to take me down in a fight. She had a gaze that kind of reminded me of Annabeth, actually. 

I almost slammed the door in her face. Out of all the people in the camp. It had to be Piper. One from the Prophecy of Seven who agreed that Jake was better than me. Who believed his lies.

As always, her hair was tied in a side braid, a brightly colored feather swinging from the bottom. Katoptris hung at her waist, ready to be unsheathed if any danger were to threaten her or anyone close to her. Like Jason. Ugh. Everyone was still here. Everyone was immortal. Could this mission get any worse?

(A/N. I know what happened in the trials of Apollo. But we're gonna ignore everything that happened in it for now. For those that read it, you know what I'm talking about.)

"Chiron needs to see your leader in the Big House. And it's urgent," she said. Of course my life could get worse. I was a demigod!

Annabeth put her hand reassuringly on my shoulder. Piper's eyes drifted to her, scouring every surface of Annabeth's cloak. It was the look that everybody gave the two of us. The son of Chaos  has feelings? they all seem to think. Well duh! It's not like I'm a monster or anything! 

After a few more seconds of glaring at the two of us, Piper turned on her heel and sprinted back to the Big House, her brown hair flying behind her.

I turned back to the rest of the warriors. "Everyone, stay here. Serilda, make sure they wash the dishes by hand." Serilda grinned slyly, and the others groaned. They hadn't gotten out of the bet after all.

Then I grabbed Annabeth's wrist and we flew to the Big House, ignoring the campers pointing up and gossiping about the half dragon Chaos Warriors. 

When we arrived, Chiron was sitting around the ping pong table with the other cabin counselors of the Olympian Cabins. I counted Jason, Piper, John (A Hephaestus kid), Nico, Thalia, Katy, Conner and Travis Stoll, Pollux, Clarisse, Malcolm, Will, and..ugh...Jake.  But an extra demigod was there. Wait, not a demigod. A mortal. Rachel Dare. The Oracle of Delphi. She was immortal too?! Seriously?!

I glanced over and saw Annabeth glaring her heart out at Rachel. I thought that they had solved that little...dispute...a long time ago. But apparently not. I squeezed Annabeth's hand harder. She visibly relaxed, knowing that I was there with her.

The demigods, centaur, and oracle were sitting around the ping pong table eating cheese and crackers, and drinking juice boxes. That was just how the Greeks worked. While the Romans punished anyone who stepped out of line, we debated how to stop a war by eating crackers and drinking juice boxes. 

Chiron cleared his throat, stopping the chatter until I could only hear the crunching of crackers and the slurping of Very Berry Juice Boxes. 

"Welcome..." he paused, waiting for Annabeth and I to introduce ourselves. I sighed. Hadn't we done that on the first day? 

"I'm Epsilon, and this is Delta," I said. Jake sneered.

"We meant we need to know your real identities, idiot. Or else how can we know to trust you?"

The whole room waited silently in expectation. But I wasn't going to give in. "Need, or want?" I questioned. "You really thought that we were going to waltz in here and show our identities?" I asked. Strangely, they all nodded. I crossed my arms. "Well, not gonna happen. You need us to win this war, as I see that your hero Percy Jackson is no longer around." When I mentioned my name, Chiron and Rachel looked sad, but the others just darkened their expressions. "So, if you're not gonna trust us, we can leave and let you lose. Or you can trust us and let us lead you to victory. What do you choose?" I said this calmly, but with a clear threat behind it. Mess with us, and you lose the war.