Chapter 19 - We Dive-Bomb the Dining Pavilion

It has been really hard to update daily. I'm doing my absolute best. But it takes a whole day to come with these ideas. I'm trying to put a little action into each chapter so you guys don't get bored. Also, I wanted to thank all of you for the really supportive comments. I will continue to try to update daily. 

Annabeth's POV

All of the Chaos Warriors were spread out on the reclinable chairs, laughing and joking around. Even Percy. I knew Percy hated this place, and I was really surprised at how well he was doing. Although, I suspected it had something to do with the rest of us being here. Without his friends, Percy probably would've mentally broken down from the betrayal years ago. It was nice to see him so jubilant like he acted on Planet Chaos, rather than dark and depressed like I expected him to be on this mission. 

I snapped myself out of my stupor to find myself in the middle of one of Percy's bad jokes/stories. "And then," he was saying. "The guinea pigs all turned into pirates!" Everybody laughed at Percy's story. I remembered all those years ago when Percy and I had our second quest to the Sea of Monsters. Percy had been turned into a guinea pig by the goddess Circe and met a bunch of pirates who had been guinea pigs for years. Those were good memories.

Percy was just beginning another story when the conch horn blew to signal dinner in the dining pavilion. Percy groaned. Chiron was probably going to make us fully introduce ourselves in order to get the campers to trust us more. I grudgingly rolled off the chair and dragged myself and the others to the pavilion. We left our dragons behind. As amazing as the creatures were, they would probably step on all the tables and destroy a lot of things. Especially Neptune. Just like Percy, the dragon was slightly oblivious. It was usually Shula, my dragon, who had to keep him in check.

I unfurled my grey wings and jumped into the air. Campers that were walking to dinner either shrunk back in fear of us or pointed in awe towards the sky. Percy was flying on his back by my side. He was repeatedly groaning about how he didn't feel like talking to the camp. 

I nudged him with my shoulder and he barrel rolled over to meet my eyes. "Don't worry," I assured him. "Everything will be fine. It doesn't matter where we are. You're still an all powerful son of Chaos that all the evil people in the universe fear."

 He tried to smile but he ended up making a grimace. "I know, but everyone is still here. No one has aged. Jason, Piper, Nico, all of them." I was about to respond when Luke wedged himself in between us, his gold wings beating up and down.

"Okay guys. This is it. We have to scare them to Hades and back." When I looked at him with a questioning look, he rolled his eyes. "Oh common Annabeth, this'll be fun. And it's the perfect way to get your spirit up." He poked Percy in the chest. 

Percy laughed, all his previous sense of dejection gone. (For those of you who don't know Annabeth speak, dejection means sad or depressed.) "Just like we practiced?" asked Percy. Luke nodded. "Dive bomb!" Percy shouted over his shoulder. All the warriors brightened up and got into formation, the upside down V that we had positioned ourselves in during our meeting with the gods. Then we all tucked our wings in and plummeted 300 feet down to the dining pavilion, where the entire camp was enjoying dinner. 

Right before we hit the ground, the 12 of us spread out our wings with a snap. We hovered three feet above the ground before landing at the front of the seating area. The entire pavilion fell silent. Every single pair of eyes landed on us, showing shock and fear. I would be scared too if 12 people wearing hoods with dragon wings suddenly barged in on my dinner. 

It turned out we had interrupted Chiron, who was giving a speech about the upcoming war. "And these are the Wings of Chaos Warriors. They are here to help us fight in the war," Chiron concluded.